Watch Little Girls Help Women Get Ready for a Date + More for Your Commute
HAPPY NATIONAL TRAIL MIX DAY! Trust us, you’re gonna need some protein from the on-the-go combo to make it through that VMAs hangover you’re more than likely experiencing. Though it might be a rough Monday, once you make it through you’re only a few short commutes away from the long Labor Day weekend. So check out five things your journeys to and from the office require this week to make M-F a catcake walk.
1. Stream The Weeknd’s New Album “Beauty Behind the Madness”: You may have been a low-key fan of this VMAs performer prior to his song on the Fifty Shades of Grey soundtrack, but with his new album not only will you be shouting your love and adoration for Abel Tesfaye from a megaphone, but you’ll be demanding all of your friends give it multiple spins as well. From slow jams to intense R&B tracks this album will take you on a mental journey while you’re on that physical one to the office. Sidenote: If you haven’t had Carly Rae Jepsen’s latest album “E•MO•TION” on repeat, are you even living?!
2. Watch “Little Girls Help Women Get Ready for a First Date”: You know kids; whatever’s on their mind comes out hashbrown no filter, and we wouldn’t have it any other way. Check out this vid of young ladies helping adult women get ready for a first date. It’s full of serious LOLs, interesting makeup techniques and possibly some good advice.
3. Follow @ari_fararooy: If you’re in dire need of some AM-to-PM creative inspo, then this is the Instagram to follow. Visual effects artist Ari Fararooy makes his snaps stand out by taking unique photos with paint, in the desert and even just in front of walls with a common theme — never showing his face. Believe us, you’re gonna be hooked on this feed and wanting to snap your own versions inspired by his.
4. Subscribe to SketchShe: Let this Australian trio join your commuting routine to increase the funny through sketches, mashups and more. With a channel full of pop music dance parties in cars and adventures at events like Comic Con, you’ll probably find it hard not to sing along with the ladies while also attempting not to roll around on the floor laughing out loud at their crazy antics.
5. Download Workflow ($4.99 on iOS): You are very busy, so make that life of yours more efficient with the help of this automation tool app. With more than 200 actions to help you in areas like your contacts, calendar, photo, social media, etc. all you’ve gotta do is drag and drop action combos to create workflows that will make your job and personal life feel less stressed and more #blessed.
What else do you use to power through five days of commuting? Share those picks with us in the comments.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)