14 Creative Moms You’ll Wish Were Yours
That holiday is coming up again — you know, the one that’s all about mom? Yep, Mother’s Day! In between planning our brunch menu and ordering our own moms some gorgeous bouquets, we’re also celebrating all the other incredible moms out there. Scroll on to see 14 women who are fostering the #iamcreative sprit in their homes.
1. Creative Cook: This mother goes above and beyond to make deliciously creative meals for her kids. This is not a bad way to sneak in those vegetables your kids refuse to eat. Kudos to this mommy! (via Lee Samantha)
2. Fashion Assistant: Say hello to Mayhem, the designer behind the paper dresses that have just been picked up by J. Crew. Thanks to her mother, Mayhem’s designs have become world famous. (via Fashion by Mayhem)
3. Dreamy Photographer: Sioin Queenie Liao began experimenting with photography and styling after the birth of her first son, Wengenn. While her son is sleeping, she creates dreamy fairy tale scenes. (via Wengenn In Wonderland)
6. Style Maven: We’ve got to hand it to this mamma. She let her son dress her for an entire week. Not many of us would actually rock these looks, but this mom did. We think the end result is totally adorbs! (via @SummerBellessa)
8. Political Power Mom: This mother (and photographer) noticed not enough girls were looking up to successful, historical women. She decided to dress her five-year-old daughter as five different women from history: Susan B. Anthony, Coco Chanel, Amelia Earhart, Helen Keller and Jane Goodall. We think she deserves a round of applause. (via Jaime Moore Photography)
9. Dapper Stylist: Check out this dapper dude, dressed by his mom, of course. No matter what look she’s going for, she nails it every time. This cutie is going to be one heck of a stud when he gets older. (via @ministylehacker)
10. Yoga Guru: We can’t show our appreciation to the cool moms out there without shouting out to Laura. Not only is this a great way to get your child to think about fitness, but it also makes for some fun “mommy and me” photos. (via @laurasykora)
11. Girl Power Champion: This totally awesome mother, Kate Parker, started a photo series called Strong Is the New Pretty. She dedicated it to her two daughters, Ella and Alice. We are obsessed with these nature-filled pics! (via Kate Parker Photography)
14. Creative Costumer: Jennifer Rouch is the designer behind her daughter’s spot-on Disney costumes. Not only does her daughter get to visit Disneyland, but she gets to look the part too. We’re kinda jealous. (via @ferdalump)
Who are your favorite creative moms? Let us know in the comments below!
Still haven't taken up that new creative skills you swore you'd learn this year? Or ready to take your design skills to the next level? Let's say so long to the weirdest year ever by checking those big learn-something-new goals off our perpetual to-do lists.
We've teamed up with Clorox to give you the gift of unlimited creativity now through the end of the year. Once you sign up, you can take as many of our 120+ classes as you want for FREE for one whole month!
Here's how it works:
- Head to brit.co/learn and sign up for the "All Access Pass."
- Use the code "CLOROXCARES" at checkout to redeem your free month of classes.
- You will be automagically signed up for Clorox's email list once you redeem your free all access pass. (It's the #1 Choice for Disinfection!)
- Your pass lasts one month from when you checkout. This means you have unlimited access to all the classes during that month.
This offer is valid now through December 27, 2020.
Browse our catalog to find the right class for you, tell a friend and take the class together over Zoom, or organize a 'cocktails + crafts' night with a friend in your bubble so you can learn something new together.
What are you waiting for? Time to start learning all the things!
Thanks to Clorox for making this happen! When it counts, trust Clorox.