15 Wedding Dresses You Won’t Believe Are Crocheted
You may remember a couple weeks ago when we shared some pictures of Seattle bride Chi Krneta’s amazing crocheted wedding dress that she made on her commute to work (yes, really). The result was so stunning, we decided to take a look on the interwebs and see what other crocheted gowns were out there. Turns out there are plenty — and they’re totally stunning. These 15 intricate dresses will have you trading silk for wool in no time.
2. Meadow Bohemian Luxe Crochet Wedding Dress ($3,158): It’s not hard to see why this show stopper was featured in Vogue Italia. From the smallest crochet lace circlet to the scalloped lace-edged train, this dress is entirely handmade and insanely gorgeous.
3. Long Crochet Women’s Dress ($880): Most of these crocheted gowns have a boho vibe to them, but that doesn’t always have to be the case. Take this dress for example: classic in its cut, yet still totally unique.
5. Kaftan Crochet Lace Dress ($2,254): For a look that’s casual but dramatic, this kaftan dress is a perfect pick. It’s mainly made of chiffon with crocheted detailing along the sides, which makes it a great in-between for brides who’d like crochet as an element of their dress rather than the main focus.
6. Long Sleeved Lady: If you’re planning a winter wedding, long sleeves are great for some extra warmth. And thanks to the crochet pattern, this bride’s sleeves are almost the main attraction of her stunning gown. (via Blush)
7. Commuting Queen: Here’s another look at Chi Krneta’s dress that she made on her way to work! If you thought that was crafty, just wait until you see what she did for her bridesmaids and reception dress. (via Brit + Co)
8. Low Back Bohemian Wedding Dress ($1,078): This is one dress you’re definitely not going to want to tuck away after your big day. With its intricate all-over detailing and a sexy low back, we’re guess you’re going to want to wear this wonder again.
9. Classy Occasion: Even if your ceremony is more of a casual affair, you can still totally rock the crochet. Shorten the hem and keep the silhouette classic with something similar to this vintage gem. (via Love My Dress)
10. Lace Ruffle Crochet Lace Trim Dress ($2,550): Well hello boho beauty! This chiffon, floor-length gown can be worn on or off the shoulder. An extra layer of lace flows over the top and around the back meeting at the elbows like a dream.
12. Italian Wedding Envy: This dress is eye-catching from the front, but really grabs attention from behind. The open-backed crochet design is flirty but still modest enough for a family affair. (via Señorita Galante)
13. Simply Stitched: Love the low back but not such a fan of the sleeves? Ditch them. The look is just as stunning with bare arms. Also, check out this bride’s adorable flower girl who has a coordinating, crocheted dress. (via Señorita Galante)
14. Vintage Inspired Racer-Back Wedding Dress ($2,357): The crocheted design is subtle through the body of this dress, but sneak a peak at the train and you’ll see how beautifully detailed the motif actually is.
15. Edwardian Elegance: Excuse us as we drool over this dreamy, rustic wedding in Big Sur. As if the scenery and decor weren’t beautiful enough, the bride’s crocheted dress is also an authentic vintage piece from the Edwardian era. (via Love My Dress)
What’s your take on this bridal trend? Would you wear a crocheted dress on your wedding day? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)