From margaritas to mojitos, nothing cools you down on a hot summer day like a chilled cocktail. The key is using fresh ingredients that reflect the season you’re in. In the summer, perhaps a paloma out of grapefruit juice for some citrusy fun? Or add some herbs to your cocktail shaker for a fresh and verdant drink. But if you’re really looking to beat the heat, try incorporating the coolest ingredient of all — cucumber. These 15 cocktail recipes are just the ticket when you want to escape the summer sun.
4. Cucumber Mint Fruit Cooler: Even if you don’t have a juicer, you can make this fruit-filled green drink. Just blend and strain a mix of cucumber, kiwi, grapes, and mint, then add a helping of ice cold vodka to give it a little kick. (via Yes to Yolks)
6. Mediterranean Gimlet: A classic gimlet is made with lime juice and gin or vodka, but it’s a recipe that lends itself to plenty of experimentation. Add a dash of black pepper, some cilantro, and a few cucumber slices to give it a Mediterranean vibe. (via Garnish Blog)
7. Cucumber Mint Mojarita Cocktail: This citrusy, minty cocktail combines two classics to make an all-star drink. Best of all, it takes just five ingredients and five minutes to make. (via The Cheers Years)
10. Cucumber Jalapeño Margaritas: A little spice makes almost anything taste better, especially this drink that adds jalapeño for the perfect balance to the sweet-tart flavors in cucumber margaritas. (via Isabel Eats)
14. Pimm’s Cocktail Jug: Make a big batch of Pimm’s cup, the classic British cocktail that’s made with cucumber, fruit, and Pimm’s No. 1 liqueur, and serve it at your next garden party. (via Satori Design for Living)
15. Cucumber Ginger Coolers: Cucumber bitters are the secret ingredient in this zippy take on the Dark n’ Stormy. They add a vegetal freshness that helps lighten up the other bold ingredients in your glass.
(via Many Kitchens)
For more fresh cocktail inspiration, follow us on Pinterest.