With Halloween creeping up around the corner, it’s nearly time to whip out those wigs and capes. But if you’re looking to try something a little more simple this year (think back to last year’s super elaborate costume that took forever), why not try one of these amazing masks? We promise you’ll still have a blast and look the part. And don’t worry about an entire night of bedazzling — these beauties are as easy to make as they are stunning.
1. Night Sky Mask: Our Beauty Editor Misty Spinney made all the right moves with this lovely work of art. Complete with eerie white branches and glittery bats, this mask is everything you need for a spooky night out. (via Brit + Co)
2. Sugar Skull Mask: All you need is some tulle, paper and fabric paint to create this lovely nod to Dia de los Muertos. The best part? You can customize it to your liking. Use any template you find or try it freehand. (via Handmade Charlotte)
3. Flowers for Feathers: When Halloween rolls around, so does the world of fantastical beasts. Swap out feathers for flower petals to create an instantly whimsical woodland creature. (via The Gnome’s Studio)
7. Bird Mask: If petals aren’t your thing, try this crepe paper option. Inspired by the elaborate masks worn in Venice’s annual carnival, these intricately detailed masks are sure to get the festivities started. (via Martha Stewart)
10. Feather It Out: Nothing completes a gilded mask like a mix of vibrantly hued feathers. Glue on some matching sequins, and voila! You’ve got yourself the perfect mask for a night you’ll never forget. (via YoungBird Blog)
11. Fabric Fox Mask: Here’s another foxy mask for those of you who are crafty with a needle. Pull together scraps of fabric and create a uniquely patterned animal mask. Don’t worry if it doesn’t match — this look is all about pattern blocking! (via Lucille Michieli)
16. Woodland Creatures: If you’ve ever had problems with masks not fitting right, here’s a solution: try using felt. They’ll have a snug fit and give you that perfect homemade vibe from the stitched look. (via A Beautiful Mess)
17. Pearl Mask: Iridescent beads come together to create this gorgeous mask. Does this haunting beauty make anyone else want to lurk in the shadows and burst into opera about a girl named Christine? (via Free People Blog)
Which of these stunning masquerade creations will you be trying? Let us know!