What to Make This Weekend: A Donut Collar, Galaxy Easter Eggs + More
If all those April Fools’ jokes have left you with some serious trust issues, why not ignore everyone, crank up the tunes and spend the weekend crafting away? This week we’ve got a few last-minute Easter ideas, some easy spring wardrobe upgrades and even a DIY that uses shaving cream in a way you never would have imagined. Scroll on down for 10 projects to tackle before Monday’s return.
1. Fresh Flower Easter Basket: If you’re looking for a last-minute centerpiece for that Easter brunch, take a basic basket and cover it in fresh, super springy flowers. As you can see, the results are pretty epic. (via Paper + Stitch)
2. Clay Initial Necklace: Polymer clay continues to amaze us. Why oh why did we write you off after elementary school? Add a personal touch to your jewelry collection with this fun and super chic initial necklace. (via Pearls and Scissors)
3. Spring Sweatshirt Makeover: Is that winter sweatshirt feeling like it needs a little bit of a spring update? Cut it down the middle to transform it into a jacket. Then brush on a little fabric paint to amp up the color. (via Brit + Co)
4. Donut Collar: Forget the Peter Pan collar — we’re ALL about this fun (not to mention delicious) take on the collared trend. All you need to make this adorable accessory is a little felt and some hand-stitching skills. Oh, and if you’re looking for even more donut-inspired crafts, this blogger also made a pin cushion in the shape of the pastry. (via Wrapped Up in Rainbows)
5. Gemstone Necklace: Find a super cool gem that you’re not really sure what to do with? Make it into a necklace, of course! Here are three different ways to wear that precious stone all day long. (via Brit + Co)
6. Tissue Paper Bowls: Looking to step up your dinnerware game? Grab some basic white bowls and a few different types of tissue paper and get making! Be sure to attach the paper using dishwasher-safe Mod Podge or all your hard work will literally be washed away. (via Pennies of a Fortune)
7. Mustache Wax: By now you’ve probably heard that we’re not actually transforming into Bro + Co (April Fools’!!), however, this mustache wax we made is actually awesome. While you may not have much use for it, it could be the perfect homemade gift for your favorite bearded dude. (via Brit + Co)
9. Leather Camera Strap: Every good photographer needs a beautiful camera strap. Go for a classic pick with this one made from leather. If you’re more of a cell phone photo-taking gal, make this as a super special gift for your favorite photo enthusiast. (via Almost Makes Perfect)
10. Shaving Cream Marbling: We’re no stranger to marbling, but we have yet to see this technique. To create super cool cards and prints, the folks over at A Beautiful Mess sprayed shaving cream onto a plate, added a few drops of food coloring, swirled it all around and pressed a piece of paper into it. Then they scraped it off and were left with these gorgeous results. (via A Beautiful Mess)
What are your DIY plans for this weekend? Share with us in the comments below.