10 Kitchen Gadgets to Take Dorm Cooking to the Next Level
To those of you who are headed off to college in a few weeks, there are oh-so-many things to be excited about. New friends, so much knowledge and, oh yeah, independence (well, you know, kind of). But one thing that can get old quick is cafeteria food. One can only eat mystery meat so many times, amiright? When you really can’t eat a hamburger for dinner again, use these handy kitchen gadgets to turn your dorm into a gourmet kitchen – by college standards anyway.
1. Bodum Electric Kettle ($25): Whether you’re using the hot water to chow down on a pack of ramen or you’re making some tea to keep that study sesh going, this mini kettle will make hot water in no time.
2. Magic Bullet Blender ($40): Need something you can take with you to that 8AM class? Throw some milk and fruit into this and take it with you to your lecture.
3. 3-in-1 Breakfast Station ($37): Thought you’d only be able to eat cereal in your dorm? Think again. This sweet gadget makes toast, eggs and coffee all at the same time.
4. Enclosed Pizza Maker ($50): Forget taco Tuesdays — make the highlight of everyone’s week pizza night at your place with this enclosed personal pizza oven.
5. On-the-Go Cereal Container ($6): If you don’t have time to eat your morning bowl of cereal in the cafeteria, bring this on-the-go container to take it to class with you.
6. Dinnerware Set ($25): Because you can only eat off paper plates for so long.
7. Microwave Steamer ($20): Make deluxe, healthy meals all in this BPA-free microwave steamer.
8. Eraser Board Fridge ($109): If you’re going to get a mini fridge, it might as well be a mini fridge you can write on, right?
9. Kitchenaid 17-Piece Tool Set ($32): For a complete starter kit, grab this set that includes everything from measuring cups to a can opener.
10. Waffle Iron ($20): Make no mistake; waffle makers are not just for making waffles. Whether you’re craving a cheeseburger or warm cinnamon rolls, a waffle maker can help you create tons of different meals. Check out these recipes made using the appliance for more inspiration.
What dorm gadget are you most excited to use this year? Share with us in the comments below.
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.