This Easy DIY Engraving Project Is TRAY Chic
PSA: Life is too short for boring desk and home accessories. Every time I visit a home decor shop, I leave wishing there were more FUN options. I mean, if you’re going to be mixing up some crazy creative cocktails, you’re going to need an awesome serving tray to match. Luckily for you, we have some tips and tricks for customizing your own acrylic tray with our DIY Engraved Acrylic Tray Kit. This project is so easy, it’ll definitely make your short list for last-minute gifting.
A custom tray is the perfect poolside accessory.
And every #girlboss needs a few words of encouragement after a long day’s work of sorting through her inbox.
Materials (kit available in our shop!):
— engraving pen
— acrylic tray
— practice piece
Materials (not included in our kit):
— masking tape
— alphabet stickers
Get your materials together (or purchase a kit!), and let’s get started!
1. Tape your design onto the bottom of the acrylic tray.
2. Trace along the designs with the engraving pen. Go back over lines for a bolder look.
3. Remove the piece of paper from underneath your tray and give the tray a good wipe down before use.
4. To use alphabet stickers as stencils, remove the protective backing and arrange them onto the acrylic tray.
5. Carefully trace around the stickers with the engraving pen.
6. Remove the stickers and give your tray a good cleaning before use.
Tape your printed design underneath the acrylic tray.
Start by tracing the entire design with the engraving pen and then revisit parts of your design to create a bolder look.
Remove the piece of paper and give the tray a good wipe down before use.
To use alphabet stickers as stencils, remove the protective backing and arrange the letters directly onto the tray.
Carefully trace around the alphabet stickers and then remove them when you’re done. Go back and clean up any uneven lines in your design.
Give your tray a good wipe down before use.
There you have it! One simple technique to create two awesome home decor items.
Now get out there and test drive your new creation. Those cocktails aren’t going to serve themselves!
What are you serving up in your acrylic tray? Show us your project by tagging us on Instagram and using the hashtag #iamcreative!
DIY Production and Styling: Marianne Koo
Photography: Brittany Griffin