11 Exaggerated Sleeves to Rock This Spring
Boho babes, rejoice! The latest need-it-right-now trend will have you reaching for your throwback flares and suede mules. Enter exaggerated sleeves that were practically made for festival season and spring break getaways — and even the office, if you play your cards right. Not just restricted to bell sleeves, this season’s flared sleeves are bigger, better and — dare we say it — more exaggerated than ever. Between off-duty blouses with major ’70s appeal and hippie-loving frocks, it won’t be long before you’re lining up to test-drive the look of the season. Scroll down for 11 wide-sleeved tops + dresses that deserve a spot in your spring capsule wardrobe STAT.
1. Forever 21 Floral Lace-Up Blouse ($20): For Coachella (and every other outdoor concert), you need this next-level floral blouse complete with bell sleeves and a lace-up neckline on standby. Pair it with distressed cutoffs and mirrored sunnies for an afternoon spent dancing and jamming out to good music.
2. Free People About This Mini Dress ($98): We can’t decided what we love more — the exaggerated bell sleeves, the midriff-baring cutout or that game-changing shade of chartreuse. Channel nothing but good vibes in this festival-going mini dress that will bring out your inner flower child.
3. Liquor & Poker Raw Edge Denim T-Shirt Dress Long Bell Sleeves ($60): Embrace an all-denim-everything mentality a la this frayed denim dress that embodies off-duty at its best. Allow it to serve as a blank canvas for all of your spring scarves and beaded tassel necklaces.
4. ASOS Occasion Floral Print Romper With Flare Sleeves ($65): With a slew of spring weddings on your calendar, the same rotation of ruffled and chiffon dresses won’t cut it. Shake things up with this ultra-feminine floral print romper that will take you from watching your bestie walk down the aisle to soaking up the rays in Maui. All that’s missing is a Grecian-inspired pair of gladiators to complement your free-spirited flare sleeves.
5. Nasty Gal Victorian Secret Crop Top ($88): Show off your romantic side with this Victorian-inspired lace top that almost looks like it’s out of a fairy tale. Be it a candlelit dinner with bae or a spring wedding with a woodland theme, you’re bound to find an occasion (or two) to bring this frilly bell-sleeve top out to play. A sultry dark lip and lace-up ghillies are obligatory.
6. MM6 Maison Margiela Denim Mini Dress ($420): Achieve a daytime-casual look with this effortless denim mini dress that will make you want to play hooky from work. Team the bell sleeves with your favorite metallic slides and a wide-brimmed floppy hat for a vacay-inspired look (no matter where you are).
7. Tobi Norie Bell Sleeve Hoodie ($86): Comfort is luxury, people! Why lounge around in an ill-fitting sweatshirt when you can slip on this bell sleeve hoodie that will take you way beyond the gym? Style it with sleek joggers and high-top sneaks (or strappy steppers if you have a GNO in the works) for an athleisure look that doesn’t mess around.
8. Front Row Shop Blue Wide Sleeved Shirt ($51): Swap out your snoozy white button-down for this avant-garde wide-sleeved shirt that won’t go unnoticed at your upcoming boardroom meeting. Tuck it into a printed pencil skirt or channel your bossy side with some streamlined black trousers and power pumps.
9. Nasty Gal Party Town Bell Sleeve Top ($58): BRING IT with this vegan leather crop top that’s all sorts of fierce. While it may not make it past HR, it will get you in the door at any nightclub for your BFF’s bachelorette party — just add some towering platforms into the mix.
10. Free People Retro Romance Top ($88): Cool girl alert! If you only invest in one top this season, make it this vintage-inspired blouse with ruffled sleeves and a choker neckline that’s so right now. Tuck it into a leather skirt for a night on the town, or keep things easy-breezy with some printed palazzo pants and backless loafers.
11. Kimchi Blue Angel-Sleeve Empire Waist Mini Dress ($89): This enchanting ivory dress will serve double-duty for a backyard shindig, a garden party or a walk along the beach. Complement the frilly ruffles and empire waist with a flower crown to solidify your forest princess status.
Will you be rocking exaggerated sleeves this spring? Follow us on Pinterest for more colorful style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.