11 Exaggerated Sleeves to Rock This Spring
Boho babes, rejoice! The latest need-it-right-now trend will have you reaching for your throwback flares and suede mules. Enter exaggerated sleeves that were practically made for festival season and spring break getaways — and even the office, if you play your cards right. Not just restricted to bell sleeves, this season’s flared sleeves are bigger, better and — dare we say it — more exaggerated than ever. Between off-duty blouses with major ’70s appeal and hippie-loving frocks, it won’t be long before you’re lining up to test-drive the look of the season. Scroll down for 11 wide-sleeved tops + dresses that deserve a spot in your spring capsule wardrobe STAT.
1. Forever 21 Floral Lace-Up Blouse ($20): For Coachella (and every other outdoor concert), you need this next-level floral blouse complete with bell sleeves and a lace-up neckline on standby. Pair it with distressed cutoffs and mirrored sunnies for an afternoon spent dancing and jamming out to good music.
2. Free People About This Mini Dress ($98): We can’t decided what we love more — the exaggerated bell sleeves, the midriff-baring cutout or that game-changing shade of chartreuse. Channel nothing but good vibes in this festival-going mini dress that will bring out your inner flower child.
3. Liquor & Poker Raw Edge Denim T-Shirt Dress Long Bell Sleeves ($60): Embrace an all-denim-everything mentality a la this frayed denim dress that embodies off-duty at its best. Allow it to serve as a blank canvas for all of your spring scarves and beaded tassel necklaces.
4. ASOS Occasion Floral Print Romper With Flare Sleeves ($65): With a slew of spring weddings on your calendar, the same rotation of ruffled and chiffon dresses won’t cut it. Shake things up with this ultra-feminine floral print romper that will take you from watching your bestie walk down the aisle to soaking up the rays in Maui. All that’s missing is a Grecian-inspired pair of gladiators to complement your free-spirited flare sleeves.
5. Nasty Gal Victorian Secret Crop Top ($88): Show off your romantic side with this Victorian-inspired lace top that almost looks like it’s out of a fairy tale. Be it a candlelit dinner with bae or a spring wedding with a woodland theme, you’re bound to find an occasion (or two) to bring this frilly bell-sleeve top out to play. A sultry dark lip and lace-up ghillies are obligatory.
6. MM6 Maison Margiela Denim Mini Dress ($420): Achieve a daytime-casual look with this effortless denim mini dress that will make you want to play hooky from work. Team the bell sleeves with your favorite metallic slides and a wide-brimmed floppy hat for a vacay-inspired look (no matter where you are).
7. Tobi Norie Bell Sleeve Hoodie ($86): Comfort is luxury, people! Why lounge around in an ill-fitting sweatshirt when you can slip on this bell sleeve hoodie that will take you way beyond the gym? Style it with sleek joggers and high-top sneaks (or strappy steppers if you have a GNO in the works) for an athleisure look that doesn’t mess around.
8. Front Row Shop Blue Wide Sleeved Shirt ($51): Swap out your snoozy white button-down for this avant-garde wide-sleeved shirt that won’t go unnoticed at your upcoming boardroom meeting. Tuck it into a printed pencil skirt or channel your bossy side with some streamlined black trousers and power pumps.
9. Nasty Gal Party Town Bell Sleeve Top ($58): BRING IT with this vegan leather crop top that’s all sorts of fierce. While it may not make it past HR, it will get you in the door at any nightclub for your BFF’s bachelorette party — just add some towering platforms into the mix.
10. Free People Retro Romance Top ($88): Cool girl alert! If you only invest in one top this season, make it this vintage-inspired blouse with ruffled sleeves and a choker neckline that’s so right now. Tuck it into a leather skirt for a night on the town, or keep things easy-breezy with some printed palazzo pants and backless loafers.
11. Kimchi Blue Angel-Sleeve Empire Waist Mini Dress ($89): This enchanting ivory dress will serve double-duty for a backyard shindig, a garden party or a walk along the beach. Complement the frilly ruffles and empire waist with a flower crown to solidify your forest princess status.
Will you be rocking exaggerated sleeves this spring? Follow us on Pinterest for more colorful style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.