Boho babes, rejoice! The latest need-it-right-now trend will have you reaching for your throwback flares and suede mules. Enter exaggerated sleeves that were practically made for festival season and spring break getaways — and even the office, if you play your cards right. Not just restricted to bell sleeves, this season’s flared sleeves are bigger, better and — dare we say it — more exaggerated than ever. Between off-duty blouses with major ’70s appeal and hippie-loving frocks, it won’t be long before you’re lining up to test-drive the look of the season. Scroll down for 11 wide-sleeved tops + dresses that deserve a spot in your spring capsule wardrobe STAT.
1. Forever 21 Floral Lace-Up Blouse ($20): For Coachella (and every other outdoor concert), you need this next-level floral blouse complete with bell sleeves and a lace-up neckline on standby. Pair it with distressed cutoffs and mirrored sunnies for an afternoon spent dancing and jamming out to good music.
2. Free People About This Mini Dress ($98): We can’t decided what we love more — the exaggerated bell sleeves, the midriff-baring cutout or that game-changing shade of chartreuse. Channel nothing but good vibes in this festival-going mini dress that will bring out your inner flower child.
3. Liquor & Poker Raw Edge Denim T-Shirt Dress Long Bell Sleeves ($60): Embrace an all-denim-everything mentality a la this frayed denim dress that embodies off-duty at its best. Allow it to serve as a blank canvas for all of your spring scarves and beaded tassel necklaces.
4. ASOS Occasion Floral Print Romper With Flare Sleeves ($65): With a slew of spring weddings on your calendar, the same rotation of ruffled and chiffon dresses won’t cut it. Shake things up with this ultra-feminine floral print romper that will take you from watching your bestie walk down the aisle to soaking up the rays in Maui. All that’s missing is a Grecian-inspired pair of gladiators to complement your free-spirited flare sleeves.
5. Nasty Gal Victorian Secret Crop Top ($88): Show off your romantic side with this Victorian-inspired lace top that almost looks like it’s out of a fairy tale. Be it a candlelit dinner with bae or a spring wedding with a woodland theme, you’re bound to find an occasion (or two) to bring this frilly bell-sleeve top out to play. A sultry dark lip and lace-up ghillies are obligatory.
6. MM6 Maison Margiela Denim Mini Dress ($420): Achieve a daytime-casual look with this effortless denim mini dress that will make you want to play hooky from work. Team the bell sleeves with your favorite metallic slides and a wide-brimmed floppy hat for a vacay-inspired look (no matter where you are).
7. Tobi Norie Bell Sleeve Hoodie ($86): Comfort is luxury, people! Why lounge around in an ill-fitting sweatshirt when you can slip on this bell sleeve hoodie that will take you way beyond the gym? Style it with sleek joggers and high-top sneaks (or strappy steppers if you have a GNO in the works) for an athleisure look that doesn’t mess around.
8. Front Row Shop Blue Wide Sleeved Shirt ($51): Swap out your snoozy white button-down for this avant-garde wide-sleeved shirt that won’t go unnoticed at your upcoming boardroom meeting. Tuck it into a printed pencil skirt or channel your bossy side with some streamlined black trousers and power pumps.
9. Nasty Gal Party Town Bell Sleeve Top ($58): BRING IT with this vegan leather crop top that’s all sorts of fierce. While it may not make it past HR, it will get you in the door at any nightclub for your BFF’s bachelorette party — just add some towering platforms into the mix.
10. Free People Retro Romance Top ($88): Cool girl alert! If you only invest in one top this season, make it this vintage-inspired blouse with ruffled sleeves and a choker neckline that’s so right now. Tuck it into a leather skirt for a night on the town, or keep things easy-breezy with some printed palazzo pants and backless loafers.
11. Kimchi Blue Angel-Sleeve Empire Waist Mini Dress ($89): This enchanting ivory dress will serve double-duty for a backyard shindig, a garden party or a walk along the beach. Complement the frilly ruffles and empire waist with a flower crown to solidify your forest princess status.
Will you be rocking exaggerated sleeves this spring? Follow us on Pinterest for more colorful style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.