Beauty Hack: 26 Ways to Line Your Lids
Looking for a beauty hack to enhance your peepers? How about 26 of them? Whether you need an understated daytime look, or you’re looking to wow at your next party, we’re outlining a generous handful of eyeliner tips and tricks. So line your lids with your desired color, prep your brows, and round out the look with flawless foundation. You’ll be turning heads all day and night long.
4. Brighten Eyes: If you’re a natural gal who’s feeling a little sleepy, no one needs to know it. Just follow this easy trick. Apply a beige-colored liner to your lower inner rim, and you’re suddenly wide awake. (via Total Beauty)
6. Smudged Wraparound: Chances are, you rocked the ring-around-the-eye liner back in high school. But you probably didn’t understand smudging. (If you did, you were more advanced than we were.) Either way, let’s all consider this an education. Smudging is essential if you don’t want to look like an angsty teen. (via Total Beauty)
10. Winged Tip: Nah, we’re not talking about shoes. We’re talking about Angelina Jolie’s preferred technique. Execute with ease, and we’re sure a Brad Pitt of your very own will soon be knocking on your door. (via Total Beauty)
11. Straight as an Arrow With a Space Below: The future has arrived, and it’s this look with a very non-catchy name. Can someone please rename it? We’re thinking Fierce would cover it. (via Cosmopolitan)
14. Sofia Loren’s Look: You better believe we’re paying tribute to Miss Loren. Because, let’s face it. The lady knows how to rock eyeliner. And these swoon-worthy cat eyes are the thickest yet. (via Cosmopolitan)
Got a go-to beauty hack worth sharing? Tell us about it in the comments below.
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!