There’s already a cool breeze in the air, so that can only mean one thing: It’s time for some hearty recipes to spice up the season. We know you’ll gladly take *all* the pumpkin recipes, but while you’re shopping at your local farmers’ market this fall, arm yourself with some apples, squashes, corn, and sweet potatoes in anticipation of the weekend’s best meal. Read on for 14 brunch recipes to cure your fall fever quicker than the color on leaves can change.
1. Butternut Squash Waffles With Cashew Butter: We’re going to squash this right here and right now: Butternut squash is just as good for breakfast as it is for dinner. Just look at the ooey gooeyness. (via Julie’s Jazz)
2. Morning Glory Muffins: Wake up on the right side of the bed with these scrumptious muffins. If you’ve never tasted these before, think about how tasty a spiced apple cake mixed with a carrot cake would be baked in one muffin. Yeah, it’s that good. (via Baker by Nature)
3. Chorizo and Corn Strata: Put that sweet corn to good use in more than just buttery cobs. Toss the kernels in with some sautéed chorizo (sans casing) and pair it with some scrambled eggs and crusty bread to make this Sunday brunch pleaser. (via Go Eat and Repeat)
4. Baked Oatmeal Stuffed Acorn Squash Recipe: Whether you’re hosting a family brunch or just looking to switch things up, you absolutely need this recipe in your life. Plump prunes and brown sugar sweeten the baked oatmeal, which is perfect with the cranberry sauce served on the side. (via Kitchen Confidante)
5. Pumpkin Smoothie Bowl: Don’t think for a minute that this bowl is going to leave you hangry in one hour. It’s made with pumpkin puree, almond milk, and banana, making it *super* filling. For added nutrients, it’s topped with apples, chia seeds, and walnuts, leaving no room for hunger attacks. (via The Almond Eater)
6. Sweet Potato Hatch Chile Hash: There’s just something about a sweet and spicy mixture that drives our taste buds insane. This recipe adds to the craziness with roasted hatch chiles, chili powder, and crispy sweet potatoes. (via Macheesmo)
7. Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls: Cinnamon rolls always taste the best when they’re homemade. Add some caramel and apples to the mix and it blows the socks off of store-bought options any day. (via Little Spice Jar)
8. Spiced Hot Fruit Bake: If you’re not drooling over this gluten-free and vegan recipe already, we’re not sure if we can be friends. Seriously. We want to scoop the cranberry, apple, pears, and pineapple mixture over vanilla yogurt and lick the bowl clean. (via Cotter Crunch)
12. Pumpkin Brown Sugar Pecan Pancakes: Whether you eat your flapjacks cut in triangles or squares, you’re going to love how this recipe shapes up. Caramelized pecans and brown sugar sweeten the deal, but a drizzle of maple sugar is non-negotiable. (via Belle Vie)
13. Autumn Hash With Homemade Turkey Sausage and Fried Eggs: Red potatoes, acorn squash, and turkey sausage are seasoned with rosemary and thyme. Kale is also wilted in it with sage to add some good old earthy flavors. (via The Original Dish)
For more fall recipes, follow us on Pinterest!