Nothing says summer like an ice cold glass of lemonade, but we’re way beyond Country Time. You’ll be glad to have these mouth-puckering twists on the classic under your belt when that sweltering summer heat hits and you need something to serve at that pool party. We’re hoping it comes early so we have an excuse to mix up a pitcher or two today.
1. Roasted Peach Lemonade: If anything says summer more than lemonade, it’s fresh peaches. Combine the two and we’re in heaven. Bonus? Because the roasting brings out the natural sweetness in the peaches, this recipe has way less sugar than most. (via The Naptime Chef)
3. Probiotic Lacto-Fermented Lemonade: We’re hoping by now you’ve heard the hullaballoo on probiotics (Reader’s Digest version: They heal your digestive system and boost your immune system). Don’t just dump out the liquid that collects overnight on your Greek yogurt; save it and whip up this power lemonade that’s tastier and cheaper than kombucha. (via Henry Happened)
7. Rosemary Lemonade: The trick for this one is to bypass the popular Meyer lemon for its more acidic cousins, which balance the rosemary. We’ll go with it as long as we don’t have to pick any of those little needles out of our teeth. (via Garden Betty)
8. Pomegranate Lemonade Spritzer: We don’t care if pomegranates are technically a winter fruit. We keep a few in our freezer for rainy days and special occasions. Like the chance to drink this yummy spritzer. (via Sarcastic Cooking)
10. Matcha Lemonade: While we’re still missing the matcha baked good craze of a few years ago, we were happy to discover this new use for the vibrant green powder still sitting in our pantries. (via Inspired Edibles)
13. Fresh Peach Lemonade: We know, we know, we already used a peach recipe, but we wanted to take full advantage of this summer fruit. This incarnation calls for blanching the peaches, so just throw a few extra in and whip yourself up a pie while you’re at it! (via Full Fork Ahead)
15. Tomato Basil Lemonade: Still not a Bloody Mary in the background! But this trio of herb- and fruit-infused lemonades, including peach thyme and blackberry mint, should be your first stop on the summer express train. (via Love and Olive Oil)
16. Sparkling Honey Lemon Gingerade: This one may be stretching the definition of lemonade, as the recipe calls it gingerade, but we don’t care. Lemon gingerade, ginger lemonade: potato, potahto. (via Aida Mollenkamp)
20. Grapefruit and Lemon Lemonade: Grapefruit is citrus we feel is under-appreciated by the under-60 set. Gone are the days when you took a sip from Grandma’s juice glass and were unpleasantly surprised by sour grapefruit. It’s time to welcome this little guy back into your heart and stomach. (via A Tasty Love Story)
21. Cayenne Pepper Lemonade: We like this recipe because it’s basically a Hot Toddy without the hot. Which means it will be perfect with a splash of toddy (if you know what we’re saying) to cure that inevitable summer head cold. (via Little Den)
23. Fizzy Gin Lemonade With Blackberries and Rosemary: And la piece de resistance, a combo of our favorite parts of all the preceding lemonades — liquor, fruit, herbs and fizz. If you need us, we’ll be in our beach chairs. (via Henry Happened)
Whether you prefer the classic or are a lemonade daredevil, share your favorite version below!