When it’s so hot that all your ice cube supplies have been depleted, there may be somethin’ else in the freezer to help you cool off. No, not ice cream, but close — we’re talking about sorbet. A couple of good scoops topped with gin, ruby grapefruit juice, and a splash of tonic, and you’ve found your weekend cocktail and dessert in one go. Swap out the lemon for orange or raspberry sorbet if you like, but don’t forget that sprig of rosemary, because gin + rosemary = perfection! And if you like this gin recipe, try our Cucumber Gin Slush.
Makes 1 cocktail
- 2 scoops lemon sorbet
- 1 ounce gin (we used Blackwood’s Vintage Dry, but you can use your favorite gin)
- 1 ounce ruby grapefruit juice
- 2 ounces tonic water (we used Fever-Tree)
- 1-2 wedges ruby grapefruit
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- Place the lemon sorbet scoops in a glass.
- Pour on the gin and grapefruit juice, then top up with tonic water.
- Decorate with ruby grapefruit slices and a sprig of rosemary.
Place the lemon sorbet scoops in a glass. Pour on the gin and grapefruit juice, then top up with tonic water.
Decorate with ruby grapefruit slices and a sprig of rosemary.