18 Gluten-Free Cookies for the Holiday Season
Set these cookies out for Santa, and he will have no idea there’s something missing. No, not the requisite glass of milk… the gluten. These 18 recipes all share that trait, but no question, each is just as festive as their gluten-full counterparts. We’re featuring several naturally gluten-free cookies, so even those who don’t stock their pantries with alternative flours can enjoy baking up a few batches without a special trip to the grocery store.
3. Seven Layer Cookies: Not gonna lie, these Italian-American almond and chocolate cookies are a bit involved. On the plus side, they make a big batch and are even better than any you can buy at the bakery. (via A Sage Amalgam)
5. Coconut Macaroons With Chocolate, Ginger and Pistachio: Candied ginger and chopped pistachios add a little extra pop (in more ways than one) to this classic macaroon recipe. (via A Tasty Love Story)
6. Peppermint Hot Chocolate Cookies: So swanky, yet so simple, these cookie sandwiches come together in a snap. Simply stick a marshmallow and crushed candy canes in the middle of two still-warm cookies, allow ’em to fuse together as they cool and then get ready for some munching. (via Gluten-Free Mom)
9. Flourless Nutella Marshmallow Cloud Cookie Cups: We can almost taste the rich, chocolate cookie cups topped with a plume of marshmallowy buttercream. Oh yeah, Nutella also makes an appearance. (via Cupcakes and Kale Chips)
11. German Marzipan Christmas Cookies (Paleo): These naturally grain-free cookies feature a homemade maple-syrup-sweetened, vanilla-scented almond paste. You’re gonna love these moist, surprisingly healthy (as far as cookies go) treats. (via The Clean Dish)
15. Chocolate Mint Meringues: These meringues are a great gluten-free choice for everyone. They don’t require any special flours — just egg whites and a few other pantry staples — so they’re especially well-suited for last-minute baking. (via Shugary Sweets)
18. Peppermint Bark Cookies: A batch of these holiday favorites will set you back a mere fraction of what they’d cost you at the store. Pssst, and those other ones aren’t even gluten-free. (via Gluten-Free Canteen)
Which of these gluten-free cookies tickles your fancy? Let us know your favorite one(s) below!