13 Tempting Grilled Tofu Recipes to Dish All Summer
We’re happy to say that you don’t have to search very hard for vegetarian-friendly grilling recipes these days, and the recipes go way beyond the usual charred vegetables. Drool-worthy veggie burgers? We’ve got plenty. Vegetarian skewers? There’s never a shortage. On our patio, no one misses out! And with that, we’ve found yet another 13 reasons why vegetarians should be excited for firing up the ‘Q this summer, with these tofu recipes.
1. Soy Sauce Quinoa Bowl: If you’ve been obsessing over grain bowls like the rest of us, you need to top your next one off with grilled tofu, baby bok choy, and bell peppers. (via Bacon and Egg and Cheesecake)
3. Grilled Tofu Pepper Skewers in a Pesto Sauce: Before being tossed onto the grill, this tofu is marinated in a simple blend of homemade pesto, olive oil, salt, and pepper for some vegan patio dinner perfection. (via Sugar Love Spices)
4. Grilled Tofu Tostadas With Tomato Mango Salsa: A refreshing salsa made up of tomatoes and peppery mangos sits atop grilled tofu and crispy tostadas, for a summer meal you’ll make over and over again. (via Grab a Plate)
5. Vegetarian Lettuce Wraps With Jerk Grilled Tofu: Tofu is slathered with a spicy and sweet jerk sauce before being thrown onto the grill, and then slathered again once removed. Topped with pineapple salsa, this tropical low-carb meal screams win. (via Food Faith Fitness)
6. Grilled Tofu Wraps: If you’re looking for a light and crisp meal option, these grilled tofu wraps are where it’s at. Served with a tantalizing sesame mustard dipping sauce, this recipe also gives you the option to snub the wrap and rock a hearty salad instead. (via The Whole Serving)
7. Grilled Tofu and Asparagus With Ginger Cauliflower Rice: This wholesome plate gives you a healthy helping of grilled asparagus and tender grilled tofu that’s been brushed with a glorious sesame soy marinade. (via The Simple Veganista)
8. Mint Chana With Grilled Tofu: A cooling and minty chana is *just* the thing you need for your summer feasting. Filled with chickpeas and grilled tofu, this dish is fab for family dinners and potlucks alike. (via My Ginger Garlic Kitchen)
9. Grilled Tofu With Chimichurri, Charred Green Beans, and Squash: Our fave garlicky herb sauce coats grilled tofu and is then served alongside smokey charred beans and summer squash. (via Martha and Marley Spoon)
10. Greek Tofu Skewers With Tzatziki and Feta Crumble: Tofu and tangy red onions take a long bath in garlicky Greek dressing before getting grilled and finished with crumbly feta and cooling tzatziki. (via Lord Byron’s Kitchen)
12. Green Goddess Club Sandwich: Toasty bread hugs crispy tofu, seasonal veggies, and a mind-blowing Green Goddess dressing to give you a brightly flavored ‘wich that packs a generous punch of protein. (via The Full Helping)
13. Grilled Tofu Steaks With Pistachio and Garlic Scape Pesto: Firm yet tender tofu steaks are painted with a vibrant, nutty, and garlicky pesto for a satisfying summertime main. (Smokey flavor and grill marks included.) (via Steph in Thyme)
Want more? Follow us on Pinterest for mad Meatless Monday inspo.