14 Totally Golden Grits Recipes
Fair warning: we’re getting corny over here with these 14 all-American grits recipes. Much like polenta, the array of applications for this filling porridge are seemingly endless. Cook up something classic, like savory shrimp and grits, or choose something more unconventional, like cookies and pies — either way, you cannot go wrong with this grain!
2. Seared Scallops With Sweet Potato Grits: Mashed sweet potato adds a nice velvety feel and sweet taste to these maple-and-parm-laced grits. What an excellent pairing for seared scallops! (via Southern Boy Dishes)
3. Buttermilk + Grits Waffles: Akin to the most ethereal cornbread you’ve ever eaten, this should be a staple recipe in your waffle repertoire. (via Southern Souffle)
4. Grits Cakes With Country Ham and Bourbon Mayonnaise: Talk about an excellent app to make for your next holiday or derby party. (via The New York Times)
11. Buttered Grits Cookies: The hint of lemon in these cake-like cookies lends just a touch of brightness, making them a nice counterpoint to the rich butter frosting spread on top. (via Dessert for Two)
12. Sweet Grits Pie: Wavering between sweet and savory, this custard-like pie may not be widely known, but it definitely should be. (via Running With Tweezers)
How do you doll up plain old grits? Let’s talk mix-ins and more in the comments below!