15 Handmade Ceramic Creations to Add to Your Kitchen
The holidays are over, but the party has just begun! A new year means new recipes to try, playlists to prepare and of course, parties to plan. While you’re putting together the perfect party outfit, why don’t you add some of these unique, handmade ceramic pieces to your home so you can serve some seriously haute snacks and drinks to your guests. Lose the Solo cups and try something new and chic this year.
1. Imkadesign Porcelain Cup ($32): Shake your mug collection up and start your day off right with this porcelain coffee cup handmade in Poland by Imkadesign.
2. Barceramics Lily Cup ($40): This beautiful and classic porcelain cup features a handle inspired by a lily’s leaves and is hand painted with real platinum.
3. Paulova Sugar Spoons ($15): Sugar never tasted so sweet than when served with one of these one-of-a-kind, hand-formed and hand-decorated porcelain spoons.
4. Large White Cloud Spoon Rest ($24): Rest those hand-decorated spoons on this whimsical cloud spoon rest.
5. Dinnerware Set in White and Red Heart ($120): Valentine’s Day is just a month away! Fall in love with this handmade dinnerware set that’ll cheer up even the grumpiest morning person.
6. Compass Rose Pattern Square Ceramic Serving Tray ($95): This made-to-order and oh-so-modern serving tray is perfect for serving appetizers at your next shindig. Let’s get this party started!
7. BiscuitCuit Nesting Bowls ($96): These cute nesting bowls were handmade in Barcelona, Spain by potter Neus Batllori Bas. She uses her fingerprints to create the teal dots that circle the bowls. You can’t get more handmade than that.
8. KinaCeramicDeisgn Porcelain ‘Give Me More’ Bowl ($30): This porcelain bowl will having your guests putting on their best Britney voice to scream “Give Me More.” Make sure you have plenty of snacks on hand to keep the conversation going.
9. Modern Ceramic Breakfast Bowl ($37): We love that this eye-catching bowl is made out of polygons for a modern flair. Your morning cereal has never looked so good!
10. Eat Your Veggies Plate ($22): Never forget to eat your veggies again with this hand-painted porcelain plate from EastStreetStudios in Madison, Wisconsin.
11. Red Fox Illustrated Bowl ($35): We may never find out what the fox says, but at least we can find out what the fox serves with this cool red fox.
12. White Ceramic Serving Set ($120): These dishes are the perfect size for party snacks, so all you need to decide is what to serve.
13. Porcelain Minimalist Blue White Bowl ($27): This handmade porcelain bowl serves the perfect portion for your favorite dessert and would make a beautiful addition to your kitchen counter.
14. Ceramic Clay Petite Mortar and Pestle ($24): This petite ceramic mortar and pestle is great for grinding small quantities of dry ingredients. With colors this bright, we won’t blame you for picking up two or three.
15. Slip Cast Faceted Geo Ice Cream Bowl ($30): This little bowl will have all your friends screaming with joy for ice cream at your next ice cream social.
What do you love about party planning? Share your tips and tricks with us in the comments section.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.