15 Handmade Ceramic Creations to Add to Your Kitchen
The holidays are over, but the party has just begun! A new year means new recipes to try, playlists to prepare and of course, parties to plan. While you’re putting together the perfect party outfit, why don’t you add some of these unique, handmade ceramic pieces to your home so you can serve some seriously haute snacks and drinks to your guests. Lose the Solo cups and try something new and chic this year.
1. Imkadesign Porcelain Cup ($32): Shake your mug collection up and start your day off right with this porcelain coffee cup handmade in Poland by Imkadesign.
2. Barceramics Lily Cup ($40): This beautiful and classic porcelain cup features a handle inspired by a lily’s leaves and is hand painted with real platinum.
3. Paulova Sugar Spoons ($15): Sugar never tasted so sweet than when served with one of these one-of-a-kind, hand-formed and hand-decorated porcelain spoons.
4. Large White Cloud Spoon Rest ($24): Rest those hand-decorated spoons on this whimsical cloud spoon rest.
5. Dinnerware Set in White and Red Heart ($120): Valentine’s Day is just a month away! Fall in love with this handmade dinnerware set that’ll cheer up even the grumpiest morning person.
6. Compass Rose Pattern Square Ceramic Serving Tray ($95): This made-to-order and oh-so-modern serving tray is perfect for serving appetizers at your next shindig. Let’s get this party started!
7. BiscuitCuit Nesting Bowls ($96): These cute nesting bowls were handmade in Barcelona, Spain by potter Neus Batllori Bas. She uses her fingerprints to create the teal dots that circle the bowls. You can’t get more handmade than that.
8. KinaCeramicDeisgn Porcelain ‘Give Me More’ Bowl ($30): This porcelain bowl will having your guests putting on their best Britney voice to scream “Give Me More.” Make sure you have plenty of snacks on hand to keep the conversation going.
9. Modern Ceramic Breakfast Bowl ($37): We love that this eye-catching bowl is made out of polygons for a modern flair. Your morning cereal has never looked so good!
10. Eat Your Veggies Plate ($22): Never forget to eat your veggies again with this hand-painted porcelain plate from EastStreetStudios in Madison, Wisconsin.
11. Red Fox Illustrated Bowl ($35): We may never find out what the fox says, but at least we can find out what the fox serves with this cool red fox.
12. White Ceramic Serving Set ($120): These dishes are the perfect size for party snacks, so all you need to decide is what to serve.
13. Porcelain Minimalist Blue White Bowl ($27): This handmade porcelain bowl serves the perfect portion for your favorite dessert and would make a beautiful addition to your kitchen counter.
14. Ceramic Clay Petite Mortar and Pestle ($24): This petite ceramic mortar and pestle is great for grinding small quantities of dry ingredients. With colors this bright, we won’t blame you for picking up two or three.
15. Slip Cast Faceted Geo Ice Cream Bowl ($30): This little bowl will have all your friends screaming with joy for ice cream at your next ice cream social.
What do you love about party planning? Share your tips and tricks with us in the comments section.
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.