17 Cookbooks to Make You the Hostess With the Mostest
There’s a time and a place for a recipe that calls for 357 different ingredients, but a dinner party isn’t one of them. We know you’ve got decorations to string up and cocktails to whip together, so you need a menu that’s short on prep time and long on the WOW factor. We’ve got you covered with these 17 entertaining-focused cookbooks that will have your guests crossing their fingers for leftovers and eagerly looking out for your next invite. Whether you’re hosting a cocktail party or a six-course affair this holiday season, grab one of these books stat.
1. The Big Dish ($23): Cooking for a big crowd? The “wow-factor” recipes in this book will leave your guests’ mouths hanging open… if they aren’t already stuffed with delicious dishes.
seems like it took you hours to prepare. With menus organized by the season, your days of hunting for obscure, out-of-season ingredients are over.
3. Vegetarian Dinner Parties ($24): Meat doesn’t always have to be the main event. With recipes this good, you just might convert a few carnivores.
wine will always get the party going. Complement those glasses of grape-y goodness with these super simple hors d’oeuvres.
gluten free or have other food restrictions, then tapas are the perfect meal to serve. With so many recipes for “small plates” of big flavor that are meant to be shared, there’ll be plenty for everyone to munch on.
tiny… and tastier too.
7. Dinner and a Movie ($13): Plan a major rewatch of your favorite movies with your besties or a romantic night in with your boo — whatever the occasion, you’ll love the themed recipes from this cookbook. It’s like grabbing a burger at a drive-in, only you don’t have to drive anywhere.
Apartment Therapy‘s food blog, The Kitchn, Sara Kate Gillingham-Ryan’s book is packed with inspiring recipes that’ll leave your family licking their plates.
9. Vegan for the Holidays ($16): Trust us, no one will miss the Christmas ham when you swap in meals from this cookbook.
seafood-centric, seasonal menus, along with personal essays about her journey to becoming a James Beard-nominated chef.
bacon, and this book knows it. These scrumptious recipes will turn your kitchen into the newest it brunch spot.
before your guests arrive.
plenty to pass around. (Sorry, we couldn’t help ourselves!)
16. Kinfolk: Recipes for Small Gatherings ($35): The thoughtful dishes in this book are perfect for celebrating simply with close friends.
Homemakers, Brit’s very own book coming out in March! It’s not *all* recipes (it’s also packed full of hosting, DIY and beauty tips!) but it definitely has everything you need to pull your dinner party (and home!) together. Pre-order your copy now.