Shalom! It’s almost time for the the Festival of Lights, AKA Hanukkah. While there are so many tried-and-true culinary traditions that are Hanukkah requirements, it’s always fun to add a little bit of a modern twist to those classic recipes. Here we have everything from appetizers and sides to main dishes and desserts. Try any of these Hanukkah recipes and you’re gonna make your momma proud!
2. Mini Potato and Chard Knishes: Knishes are notoriously large and starch laden. While these are still filled with potato, the added greens and smaller size make them the perfect starter. (via The Little Ferraro Kitchen)
6. Sweet Potato Latkes With Spiked Apple Sauce: Latkes and apple sauce are a classic Hanukkah pairing. This recipe includes sweet potatoes and the apple sauce is spiked with a bit of brandy to up the booze factor. (via Connoisseurus Veg)
11. Home Cured Gravlax: Your everything bagels and cream cheese are going to love you for taking the time to make this gorgeous gravlax. Whip it up for dinner or make it ahead of time for a delicious Hanukkah brunch. (via A Better Happier St Sebastian)
12. Grilled Lamb Shoulder Chops With Manischewitz Glaze: Are you looking to show off your mad cooking skills this holiday season? Then you *need* to check out these flavorful lamb chops ASAP. (via Food & Wine)
14. Coconut Almond Macaroons: Plain coconut macaroons are a Hanukkah dessert staple. By just adding some almonds and chocolate you’ll suddenly have a treat reminiscent of an Almond Joy. (via Garnish and Glaze)
15. Apple Butter Rugelach: Rugelach doesn’t have to be time consuming. Take some help from the grocery store with jarred apple butter and you’ll have a dessert that tastes totally homemade. (via Bakerita)
16. Sufganiyot: You can’t leave without a recipe for Hanukkah donuts. These little guys are a smaller version, with options for four yummy fillings. Feeling verklempt? You’re not alone. (via Many Kitchens)
Do you have any new Hanukkah recipes that you’ll be trying out? Leave us a comment below with some ideas!