Even though the warmer days of spring are fast approaching, it’s fair to say we haven’t seen the last of chilly mornings and evenings. You might be ready to take on the freezing temps with stylish snow boots and a killer winter wardrobe, but if you have a baby, there may be a few more things you can add to your cold-weather lineup.
Whether you’re bringing your baby to a dinner with friends or getting all your errands done on a Sunday morning, here are eight of our fave finds to keep your little one warm and healthy during the last few days of winter. (Bonus: You’ll be extra prepared for cooler temps this fall.)
1. Skip Hop Stroll & Go Three Season Hooded Windproof & Water Resistant Footmuff — Baby ($80): This cozy cover is basically an amazing sleeping bag that you can attach to your baby’s stroller. With slits to fit the stroller harness straps through, this cover will keep your baby comfy and secure in all kinds of weather. Even better, it has a removable top layer so you can pile on the warmth or scale it back as needed. This product is available in a toddler size too.
2. Babyganics Lip & Face Balm ($3): Chubby little cheeks can go from soft and cuddly to chapped and red pretty fast when they’re exposed to the elements. Apply the balm onto your baby’s face and lips before heading out, and reapply as needed to protect and soothe skin.
3. Zutano Green Dream Double Cozie Color Block Booties ($23): Baby socks have a way of migrating south in shoes. They’re hard to keep on and even harder to keep track of. Enter the baby bootie that (really!) won’t come off. These longtime mom faves have a snap closure for a snug and comfy fit. They come in a rainbow of colors and sizes (from newborn to 18 months).
4. Patagonia Baby Reversible Shell Hat ($35): Wrap your baby’s little head in fleecy warmness with this adorable hat that’s also reversible. Long ear flaps will keep your kiddo’s ears covered through every wiggle and giggle, and the double-snap chin strap is adjustable for a can’t-tear-me-off fit.
5. Crane Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier — Elephant ($45): Let’s face it: If your baby is in daycare, then she’s bound to get a cold or two. When your little one is stuffed up and trying to rest, it’s a good idea to humidify the air with a cool mist. This cute little gadget streams mist through the elephant’s trunk, and it’s super quiet to keep even the lightest sleepers in dreamland.
6. Halo Micro-Fleece Sleepsack, Black/White Tossed Plus Signs ($25): Safe sleep is a pretty big deal — and so is keeping your baby at a cozy temperature. This micro-fleece wearable blanket is designed to keep your baby safely covered and warm (without overheating) all night long.
7. One Little Giggle Fleece Baby Carrier Cover and Hoodie ($75): If you love the ease of going out with your little one nuzzled in a wearable baby carrier, then this colorful accessory is the perfect solution for a cold morning. Available in a variety of patterns and colors, this carrier cover has a detachable hood for baby and a snuggly pocket for you! An added bonus: It can work as a car seat cover too!
8. NoseFrida® The Snotsucker ($15): Stuffy, yucky noses are inevitable in the winter, and sometimes the bulb syringe just doesn’t cut it. That’s where this handy little Swedish aspirator comes in. You can literally suck the snot out of your baby’s nose! If you’re grossed out by how this works, you’re not alone. *BUT* seasoned moms swear by it, and there is a filter that will catch and trap all the goo before any yucky surprises make it to you.
How do you keep your baby warm and cozy? Tweet us your fave finds @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.