12 High Tech Appliances You NEED in Your Kitchen
While we haven’t achieved The Jetsons-esque hovercrafts and robot maids yet, the home of the future is definitely here today. Not only is technology influencing what we make, it’s also influencing how and where we do it. As Brit Morin reveals in her soon-to-be released book, Homemakers, new advances in technology are impacting our creative lives at home. Since the kitchen is the heart of the home, we searched high and low to find 2015’s coolest kitchen appliances for you, the modern homemaker. No need to hop in the DeLorean for this ride back to the future.
1. Samsung Four-Door Refrigerator With WiFi Enabled LCD: Your midnight snack hunts just got high-tech. Samsung’s smart fridge features built-in WiFi and an integrated LCD touchscreen. If you can’t find anything to eat, you can use your phone to connect to the fridge’s LCD screen and call for pizza delivery. Afterwards, you can tweet about how you just made a phone call from your fridge.
2. Smarter WiFi Coffee Machine: Marty McFly couldn’t make this up himself. This coffee machine responds to your smartphone, so your coffee is ready when you want it. Get this: You can program the coffee machine to brew stronger cups on mornings when your Jawbone UP detects that you didn’t get enough shut-eye.
3. Samsung Slide-In Induction Chef Collection Range + Flex-Duo Oven: This oven is great for chefs of any level. For newbie chefs, the cooktop projects virtual LED flames onto your pot, so you’ll always know when a burner is on. For the pros, the “Flex-Duo Oven” means you can cook two separate dishes at completely different temperatures.
4. Panasonic’s NP-B6M1FIGB Dishwasher: No need to serve paper plates at your next soiree with Panasonic’s new, energy-efficient dishwasher. This sleek device features a self-operating door and can wash dishes for a party of up to 13 of your closest friends. With a noise level of just 44 decibels, this baby runs near-silent, so you won’t lose sleep listening to clinks and clanks all night.
5. GE Cafe Series French Door With Keurig K-Cup Brewing System: Here’s a fridge that can brew coffee and tea. Need we say more? Okay fine, we will. In addition to a Keurig K-Cup brewing system, this refrigerator also features advanced water filtration and a full-width electronic temperature-controlled drawer with colored LED lights.
6. Picobrew Zymatic: Brewers, rejoice! Thanks to the Picobrew Zymatic, it’s now easier than ever to brew your own beer in the comfort of your home. Just connect the machine to a clean water supply and some electrical power before filling it up with grain, hops and spices. The Picobrew Zymatic will then create an unfermented beer precursor and allow you to transfer your pre-beer liquid to a keg for fermentation.
7. XYZPrinting Food Printer: 3D printers can print jewelry, organ parts and now food. XYZ’s 3D printer created quite the buzz at CES 2015. The printer can print one cookable object at a time, allowing you to eventually bake a batch of confections. Unlike other 3D food printers, this may actually be the first to go into mass production.
8. Palate Home Smart Grill: With the Palate Home Smart Grill, multi-tasking can now mean listening to a Spotfiy playlist, checking out new recipes on Pinterest and grilling a steak to perfection, from your iPad.
9. Perfect Bake System: Maybe it’s time to actually bake something from your “Desserts” pinboard. No need to worry about perfect measurements, because the Perfect Bake System has got you covered. It does the math for you by weighing each ingredient for accuracy and using built-in timers to let you know when you’re done mixing, baking or cooling. How perfect is that?
10. ChefJet Pro: The ChefJet Pro is the world’s first and only professionally certified, kitchen-ready 3D food printer. It’s perfect for any hostess, since it can print full-color cocktail decorations, architectural cake supports, interlocking candies and sugar sculptures.
11. Dacor’s Discovery iQ Dual-Fuel Range: Dacor wants you to know that two electric stoves are better than one. What’s better than that? An integrated Android tablet/control panel along with an app that lets users control it from anywhere with an Internet connection. Of course, this kind of innovation doesn’t come cheap. Be prepared to drop $12,000 if you want this range in your kitchen.
12. Belkin Crock Pot WeMo Slow Cooker: We’re big fans of crock pot recipes, and this crock pot is aces in our book. You can connect it with your smartphone and turn it on, adjust the temperature, alter cooking time and turn it off from anywhere that has a WiFi connection.
Which of these appliances would you add to your dream kitchen? Tell us in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)