No holiday season preparations are complete without a mile-long checklist, and we’re here to help you check all your to-dos off to make this year great. Ugly holiday sweater? Check. Gift wrapping? Check. Decorating? Check. Just kidding! You’re never done decorating for the holidays. And let’s face it: wreaths are one of the best parts of the holidays. If you don’t want to make a traditional 3-D wreath, don’t worry! We have a super adorable tutorial for you to show you how to make a watercolor wreath. It’s quick, easy, and you can leave it up all year round!
If you need a refresher on watercolors and the best ways to whip up a beautiful floral arrangement, Jenna Rainey can help you out in our Watercolor Painting online class.
In her one-hour course, you’ll learn how to mix watercolors and use various brush strokes and techniques to paint and shade stems, leaves, petals and more!
WATERCOLOR WREATH PROJECT MATERIALS
- Size 6 round tip paintbrush
- 100% cotton extra white paper
- Watercolors (various colors)
WATERCOLOR WREATH PROJECT INSTRUCTIONS
1. Print out your holiday message. Draw a light circle with your pencil around the message.
2. Pick your colors. Make sure to mix various shades to bring more depth to your art!
3. Use your round paintbrush to create “C” shapes all around the circle; these will be the leaves. Make sure your leaves point in the same general direction.
4. Add in berries, sprigs or flowers to make your wreath pop! Just remember the rule of thirds: berries, etc. look best in groups of three!
For full printable instructions, get the download above!
And voilà! Now you have a super pretty wreath to hang on your wall. Just make sure to tell your friends and family where you got your awesome skills.
Share a pic of your finished artwork on Instagram @britandco with the hashtag #iamcreative.