October has arrived! That means it’s time to get those spooky and sweet recipes ready for fright night. While Halloween is usually all about the candy, cakes are bigger and better. If you’re looking to bake up your first spook-filled dessert, check out these scary beauts to enjoy on All Hallows’ Eve.
5. Candy Corn Cake: If you’re a fan of candy corn, then you’ll love this cake. The best part? Its citrus-y insides, which are made up of vanilla, orange, and lemon-flavored layers. (via Bird on a Cake)
8. Candy Corn Tuxedo Cake: The creepy exterior of this cake cuts away to a fun and colorful surprise inside. Inspired by S’mores Candy Corn, this dessert is one no one can turn down. (via Sprinkle Bakes)
14. Neon Confetti Cake: Here’s something that’ll light up any darkened room. Treat guests to this neon cake and throw in some other glow-in-the-dark decorations to take it to the next level. (via Brit + Co)
17. Salted Caramel Apple Snickers Cake: This sweet and salty snack has us drooling in anticipation. Bake up this cake, serve with a side of apple bobbing games, and don’t forget the spiked apple cider. (via Half Baked Harvest)
22. Mummy Cake: Oreos, cream cheese, and dark chocolate come together to create this adorably wrapped cake. Pair it with the mummy cake balls above for a tomb-like dessert spread. (via Mina Magiska Bakverk)
23. Nightmare Before Christmas Cake: If you’re a Tim Burton fan, this cake is perfect for you. What better way to celebrate one of the coolest movies ever than by showcasing your fandom with this artsy cake? (via The Cookie Writer)
27. DIY Monster Eye Cake: We have our eyes on this one. (See what we did there?) This super cute cake boasts equally awesome flavor. Rather than going the easy route and using candy eyes, you’ll make the eyes with a combo of mini Oreos and Junior Mints.(via The Cake Blog)
28. Halloween Bundt Cake: This gorgeous cake features a colorful combo of orange, purple, black, and green — perfect colors for Halloween. The delicious frosting and sprinkles on top don’t hurt, either. (via Love Bakes Good Cakes)
29. Slime Cake: This dark chocolate cake looks stunning when combined with lime green buttercream frosting. Here’s the secret to the dramatic color combo: The dark chocolate is made extra dark with black food coloring. (via i am baker)
30. Pumpkin Spice Latte Cake: Halloween doesn’t have to just be about darkness and ghoulishness. It’s also perfectly fine to celebrate with a bright autumnal vibe like with this beautiful pumpkin spice cake. (via Liv for Cake)
31. Meringue Bone Palace Halloween Cake: Not to be attempted by the faint of heart (meringue is known to be one of the trickiest substances to work with), this creative cake is completely inspired by skeleton bones. Oh, and by the way, underneath all those bones you’ll find a decadent (and equally visually stunning) bright red velvet cake. (via Domestic Gothess)
33. Pumpkin Chocolate Halloween Cake: This tasty dessert is one of the cutest Halloween cakes yet. It features layers of pumpkin and chocolate cake, all topped with frosting and a cornucopia of Halloween candies. (via Baking a Moment)
34. Haunted House Cake: The devil’s in the details on this cool haunted house-inspired cake. Impress all your friends with this DIY project — use whatever cake flavor strikes your fancy, but we recommend dark chocolate. (via My Cake School)
Follow us on Pinterest for more Halloween + dessert ideas.
Additional reporting by Maggie McCracken.