7 Ways to Hack the Limited Edition VIKTIGT Collection from IKEA
If you’re addicted to IKEA’s signature contemporary, modern look, then you’re going to love the VIKTIGT collection. This latest collection is much more in line with IKEA’s usual aesthetic, but with a handmade touch that makes it feel extra special. The entire collab was designed by Ingegerd Råman – one of Scandinavia’s most famous ceramic and glass designers. You’ll find everything here from glassware to ceramic and natural fibers like bamboo and rattan. The bad news is that everything available in May is limited edition, but the good news is that the collection’s basics are practically perfect for IKEA hacking. See below for a few of our faves.
1. DIY Painted Basket: Get organized in style by hacking IKEA’s VIKTIGT rattan laundry basket ($25) with a summer-inspired color palette and a couple of pom poms for good measure. You’ll want to use these pretty baskets for everything from an outdoor picnic to a unique housewarming gift. (via Tell Love and Party)
2. DIY Ombre Glassware: If your glassware game is feeling a little monochromatic, pick up a set of IKEA’s VIKTIGT pitchers ($10) and spruce them up with a bold ombre paint job. The low price point means you can play around with crazy colors and not feel the slightest bit guilty. (via Studio DIY)
3. DIY Seagrass Hanging Planters: Plant lady *is* the new cat lady, so you’ll want to hang all your succulents and air plants in these simple hanging planters ($25). Leave them as-is or dip them in paint for a bold, colorful vibe. (via Burkatron)
4. DIY Wood Burnt Cutting Board: Pick up the VIKTIGT bamboo chopping board ($17) and decorate it with different wood burning techniques for a totally one-of-a-kind piece in your kitchen. You’ll have the prettiest cheese board ever with these easy hack — and just in time for a summer soiree! (via Brit + Co)
5. DIY Kilim Style Pitcher: Give your fresh flowers the prettiest home ever with a kilim patterned pitcher. Pick up a modern container like IKEA’s VIKTIGT clear pitcher ($10) and give it a total makeover with tissue paper and Mod Podge. It’s easier to fix mistakes than paint and it will last longer too. A win-win! (via Earnest Home Co.)
6. DIY Wrapped Rope Container: Use embroidery thread to take any basket to a new level of adorable. Get inspired by the patterns on IKEA’s VIKTIGT basket ($25), and then make your own geometric designs on storage baskets you’ve made or already have sitting around the house. (via Damask Love)
7. DIY Indoor Succulent Planter: As nice as it is to have lots of indoor plants, sometimes it’s hard to find the floor space required — #smallspaceproblems, right?! Use baskets like IKEA’s VIKTIGT bamboo dish ($15) or a tiered fruit basket to make a colorful planter you can keep right on your desk or windowsill. (via Brit + Co)
Are you loving these hacks? Follow us on Pinterest for all the latest IKEA news and even more amazing hacks.
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.