These Instababe Hairstyles Are Ready for Festival Season
Festival season is here, and you know what that means: flower crowns, braided ‘dos and boho maxi dresses as far as the eye can see. While your main reason for attending these concerts is to rock out to your favorite musicians, planning out what to wear to the festival is half the fun. While your attire is vital for your boho-chic, free-spirited style, you’ll also want to put some effort into your ‘do. Take a cue from these 10 Instababes by trying out a few of their effortless, easy festival hairstyles.
1. Island Vibes: What better way to protect your hair from the smokin’ hot rays than a stylish scarf? This fuss-free look will keep you and your ‘do cool while you jam to your favorite tunes. (Photo via @rocky_barnes)
2. Flower Power: Whoever said flowers were overdone during festival season has clearly never seen this look. Copy Sierra’s elegant boho style with a too-cute headband and slightly curled ends, or try wrapping your strands into the headband for a style that’s perfect for getting your groove on. (Photo via @sierrafurtado)
3. Single Braid: Why stress over your hairstyle when your favorite band is playing? Take it from Paola, and create a single braid that’s part just-woke-up-like-this and part French-chic. Keep the rest of your beauty look minimal for a clean and flawless finish. (Photo via @blankitinerary)
4. Double Twist: When you’re over traditional braids but still want to keep your hair in place, try this boho hairstyle — with a twist (pun definitely intended). This ‘do will keep your hair out of your face while still looking fierce — no flyaways in sight. (Photo via @andreaschoice)
5. Dutch Braids: Don’t suffer at Coachella because of an ill-timed heat wave. Keep the back of your neck from getting sweaty by wrapping your strands into braids and pinning them on top of your head. Add a spritz of hair spray to keep your strands in place, and you’re golden. (Photo via @newdarlings)
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by freepeople (@freepeople) on
6. Boho Dreams: Make sure your second-day hair looks first-day chic with the simple addition of a bandana. A little dry shampoo will go a long way to help keep your mane fresh when you’re attending a multi-day festival. (Photo via @freepeople)
7. Boho Braids: If you didn’t already know, ribbons are making a comeback, and they couldn’t come at a more perfect time. Tie off your loosely French-braided hair with ribbon, and pull out a few strands for a gorgeous undone look. (Photo via @anthonynocella)
8. Braided Bob: When your hair is too short for that mermaid look, give your tresses a lift by braiding them into a fun half-up style. Add a few bangles and a shiny gloss for maximum boho vibes. (Photo via @byrdiebeauty)
9. Crown Accessories: Twists and braids aren’t the only way to adorn your ‘do. Opt for a metallic piece that will add some movement and easily elevate any festival look. (Photo via @thebeautydept)
10. Double Buns: Gabby is looking majorly concert ready with her sun-kissed locks rocking some double-bun action. This look is not only perfect for festival season, but for relaxing on the beach with the girls all summer long. (Photo via @gabbyepstein)
Which festival hairstyle will you sport this season? Follow us on Pinterest for more cool hair inspo.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)