Festival season is here, and you know what that means: flower crowns, braided ‘dos and boho maxi dresses as far as the eye can see. While your main reason for attending these concerts is to rock out to your favorite musicians, planning out what to wear to the festival is half the fun. While your attire is vital for your boho-chic, free-spirited style, you’ll also want to put some effort into your ‘do. Take a cue from these 10 Instababes by trying out a few of their effortless, easy festival hairstyles.
1. Island Vibes: What better way to protect your hair from the smokin’ hot rays than a stylish scarf? This fuss-free look will keep you and your ‘do cool while you jam to your favorite tunes. (Photo via @rocky_barnes)
2. Flower Power: Whoever said flowers were overdone during festival season has clearly never seen this look. Copy Sierra’s elegant boho style with a too-cute headband and slightly curled ends, or try wrapping your strands into the headband for a style that’s perfect for getting your groove on. (Photo via @sierrafurtado)
3. Single Braid: Why stress over your hairstyle when your favorite band is playing? Take it from Paola, and create a single braid that’s part just-woke-up-like-this and part French-chic. Keep the rest of your beauty look minimal for a clean and flawless finish. (Photo via @blankitinerary)
4. Double Twist: When you’re over traditional braids but still want to keep your hair in place, try this boho hairstyle — with a twist (pun definitely intended). This ‘do will keep your hair out of your face while still looking fierce — no flyaways in sight. (Photo via @andreaschoice)
5. Dutch Braids: Don’t suffer at Coachella because of an ill-timed heat wave. Keep the back of your neck from getting sweaty by wrapping your strands into braids and pinning them on top of your head. Add a spritz of hair spray to keep your strands in place, and you’re golden. (Photo via @newdarlings)
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by freepeople (@freepeople) on
6. Boho Dreams: Make sure your second-day hair looks first-day chic with the simple addition of a bandana. A little dry shampoo will go a long way to help keep your mane fresh when you’re attending a multi-day festival. (Photo via @freepeople)
7. Boho Braids: If you didn’t already know, ribbons are making a comeback, and they couldn’t come at a more perfect time. Tie off your loosely French-braided hair with ribbon, and pull out a few strands for a gorgeous undone look. (Photo via @anthonynocella)
8. Braided Bob: When your hair is too short for that mermaid look, give your tresses a lift by braiding them into a fun half-up style. Add a few bangles and a shiny gloss for maximum boho vibes. (Photo via @byrdiebeauty)
9. Crown Accessories: Twists and braids aren’t the only way to adorn your ‘do. Opt for a metallic piece that will add some movement and easily elevate any festival look. (Photo via @thebeautydept)
10. Double Buns: Gabby is looking majorly concert ready with her sun-kissed locks rocking some double-bun action. This look is not only perfect for festival season, but for relaxing on the beach with the girls all summer long. (Photo via @gabbyepstein)
Which festival hairstyle will you sport this season? Follow us on Pinterest for more cool hair inspo.