This Instagram Lip Trend Is Perfect For Girls Who Hate Wearing Lipstick
When it comes to lip colors, it’s hard not to fall in love with a bright, bold red shade — it’s the cherry on top of a perfectly sculpted look and brings a hint of sass to any outfit. But according to Instagram, there’s a makeup trend sweeping through the social media sphere that’s on the total opposite of the color spectrum, or actually, not a color at all. This less-is-more lip look is creeping more and more into selfies lately, showing women trading their pops of color makeup for skin tone #twinning shades or even — gasp — no ‘stick at all. See how these 12 Instababes ware these barely there lips and see just how pretty this lazy girl beauty move can be.
3. @emily_luciano: Pink is the name of the game with Emily’s fashionable look. She is slaying it with hints of metallic hues, like her shimmery highlighter + rose gold everything, along with that matching pink pout. (Photo via @emily_luciano)
4. @asos_isabella: You can’t go wrong with Isabella’s #wokeuplikethis style. When you have a coat that speaks volumes, you really don’t need to wear a lot of makeup. Copy her look with lazy-girl waves, a peachy lip tint and comfy-cool sneakers. (Photo via @asos_isabella)
6. @thegreylayers: Jeanne is the epitome of structure and poise. She keeps it subtle with toned-down makeup and neutral duds, but goes all out with a dramatic, oversized silhouette and stick-straight hair. (@thegreylayers)
7. @eacatalano: With a shimmer of shadow and and peach cheaks, Elizabeth’s dewey look is to die for (along with those full brows). It’s subtle and sweet in all the right places. (Photo via @eacatalano)
8. @howdoyouwearthat: Cait knows how to play with her features. A hint of blush, a thick coat of mascara and a subtle shade on the lips is all you need to imitate this playful daytime look. (Photo via @howdoyouwearthat)
9. @missalissa: Look no further for the ultimate French-girl style inspo: This look is all Parisian everything with Alissa’s thick bangs, adorable bob, subtle tanned lips and — of course — a striped shirt. (Photo via @missalissa)
10. @_tianalewis: We love how Tiana not only considers what colors look good on her skin tone, but also what colors play nice with what she wears. Case in point: the soft pink lip shade + her giant emerald sweater. It’s an unexpected color contrast to try ASAP. (Photo via @_tianalewis)
11. @corinaesquivel: This is a classic busy girl beauty look. A swipe of gloss on your lips, a brush through the brows, a bandana to wrap up your second day hair and you’re good to go in under five minutes flat. (Photo via @corinaesquivel)
12. @kristina_bazan: Kristina might seem all business, but with a hint of bronzer and classic red nails, you really don’t need too much of anything else to kill it in this beauty game. (Photo via @kristina_bazan)
Show us how you rock nude lips tagging us on Instagram.
No matter what your holiday plans look like this year, we know you want to feel present and able to embrace the warm and festive spirit to the fullest — not be bogged down by errands, stressful hosting duties, and last-minute shopping disasters. We wouldn't be surprised if one look at your December to-do list sent you into a full-on panic.