This Instagram Lip Trend Is Perfect For Girls Who Hate Wearing Lipstick
When it comes to lip colors, it’s hard not to fall in love with a bright, bold red shade — it’s the cherry on top of a perfectly sculpted look and brings a hint of sass to any outfit. But according to Instagram, there’s a makeup trend sweeping through the social media sphere that’s on the total opposite of the color spectrum, or actually, not a color at all. This less-is-more lip look is creeping more and more into selfies lately, showing women trading their pops of color makeup for skin tone #twinning shades or even — gasp — no ‘stick at all. See how these 12 Instababes ware these barely there lips and see just how pretty this lazy girl beauty move can be.
3. @emily_luciano: Pink is the name of the game with Emily’s fashionable look. She is slaying it with hints of metallic hues, like her shimmery highlighter + rose gold everything, along with that matching pink pout. (Photo via @emily_luciano)
4. @asos_isabella: You can’t go wrong with Isabella’s #wokeuplikethis style. When you have a coat that speaks volumes, you really don’t need to wear a lot of makeup. Copy her look with lazy-girl waves, a peachy lip tint and comfy-cool sneakers. (Photo via @asos_isabella)
6. @thegreylayers: Jeanne is the epitome of structure and poise. She keeps it subtle with toned-down makeup and neutral duds, but goes all out with a dramatic, oversized silhouette and stick-straight hair. (@thegreylayers)
7. @eacatalano: With a shimmer of shadow and and peach cheaks, Elizabeth’s dewey look is to die for (along with those full brows). It’s subtle and sweet in all the right places. (Photo via @eacatalano)
8. @howdoyouwearthat: Cait knows how to play with her features. A hint of blush, a thick coat of mascara and a subtle shade on the lips is all you need to imitate this playful daytime look. (Photo via @howdoyouwearthat)
9. @missalissa: Look no further for the ultimate French-girl style inspo: This look is all Parisian everything with Alissa’s thick bangs, adorable bob, subtle tanned lips and — of course — a striped shirt. (Photo via @missalissa)
10. @_tianalewis: We love how Tiana not only considers what colors look good on her skin tone, but also what colors play nice with what she wears. Case in point: the soft pink lip shade + her giant emerald sweater. It’s an unexpected color contrast to try ASAP. (Photo via @_tianalewis)
11. @corinaesquivel: This is a classic busy girl beauty look. A swipe of gloss on your lips, a brush through the brows, a bandana to wrap up your second day hair and you’re good to go in under five minutes flat. (Photo via @corinaesquivel)
12. @kristina_bazan: Kristina might seem all business, but with a hint of bronzer and classic red nails, you really don’t need too much of anything else to kill it in this beauty game. (Photo via @kristina_bazan)
Show us how you rock nude lips tagging us on Instagram.