35 Minutes and One Sheet Pan Is All You Need for This Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe
Minimal effort — that's our favorite phrase. Do a bit of arranging, brushing, and drizzling, then let the oven take care of the rest of the work, for a dinner that's sure to end up on the regular recipe rotation. We use chopped potatoes, carrots, and red onion in this recipe, but you could easily replace with baby new potatoes, baby carrots, and shallots or scallions to skip the knife work!
Bonus: Throw a bit of cooked couscous or quinoa in the leftovers (maybe a cheeky sprinkling of goat cheese too), and tomorrow's lunch is sorted. If you love the sheet-pan method, take a look at some of these veggie sheet pan dinners.
- 3 large red-skinned potatoes, chopped into bite-size chunks
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped into bite-size chunks
- 1 large red onion, peeled and sliced into chunky wedges
- 4 chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 medium head of broccoli, broken into florets
- 20 asparagus spears
- Small bunch of parsley, finely chopped
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Arrange the potatoes, carrots, onion, and chicken breasts on a large sheet pan.
Mix together the honey, mustard, and brown sugar. Brush this mixture on the chicken breasts. Drizzle two tablespoons of the oil over the chicken and vegetables, then sprinkle on the salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
Take the sheet pan out of the oven. Use a spatula to turn the vegetables over, then add the broccoli and asparagus. Drizzle on the remaining oil and sprinkle on another pinch of salt and pepper. Place back in the oven to cook for a further 5-10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
Sprinkle with parsley and serve!
This post has been updated.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
- Here's the Easiest (and Quickest) Way to Pressure Cook Chicken ... ›
- 15 Slow-Cooker Chicken Recipes Perfect for Dinner Tonight + ... ›
- This Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Pasta Recipe Is Practically Magic ... ›
- 14 Lemon Chicken Recipes to Help You Detox - Brit + Co ›
- 35 Minutes and One Sheet Pan Is All You Need for This Honey ... ›
- 16 Way-Better-Than-Basic Chicken Salads - Brit + Co ›
- 22 Easy Recipes That Make Roast Chicken Exciting Again - Brit + Co ›
- 20 Finger Lickin' Good Chicken Tender Recipes to Make - Brit + Co ›
- 13 Easy, Flavor-Packed Chicken Recipes That Won't Put You to ... ›
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)