35 Minutes and One Sheet Pan Is All You Need for This Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe
Minimal effort — that's our favorite phrase. Do a bit of arranging, brushing, and drizzling, then let the oven take care of the rest of the work, for a dinner that's sure to end up on the regular recipe rotation. We use chopped potatoes, carrots, and red onion in this recipe, but you could easily replace with baby new potatoes, baby carrots, and shallots or scallions to skip the knife work!
Bonus: Throw a bit of cooked couscous or quinoa in the leftovers (maybe a cheeky sprinkling of goat cheese too), and tomorrow's lunch is sorted. If you love the sheet-pan method, take a look at some of these veggie sheet pan dinners.
- 3 large red-skinned potatoes, chopped into bite-size chunks
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped into bite-size chunks
- 1 large red onion, peeled and sliced into chunky wedges
- 4 chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 medium head of broccoli, broken into florets
- 20 asparagus spears
- Small bunch of parsley, finely chopped
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Arrange the potatoes, carrots, onion, and chicken breasts on a large sheet pan.
Mix together the honey, mustard, and brown sugar. Brush this mixture on the chicken breasts. Drizzle two tablespoons of the oil over the chicken and vegetables, then sprinkle on the salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
Take the sheet pan out of the oven. Use a spatula to turn the vegetables over, then add the broccoli and asparagus. Drizzle on the remaining oil and sprinkle on another pinch of salt and pepper. Place back in the oven to cook for a further 5-10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
Sprinkle with parsley and serve!
This post has been updated.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
- Here's the Easiest (and Quickest) Way to Pressure Cook Chicken ... ›
- 15 Slow-Cooker Chicken Recipes Perfect for Dinner Tonight + ... ›
- This Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Pasta Recipe Is Practically Magic ... ›
- 14 Lemon Chicken Recipes to Help You Detox - Brit + Co ›
- 35 Minutes and One Sheet Pan Is All You Need for This Honey ... ›
- 16 Way-Better-Than-Basic Chicken Salads - Brit + Co ›
- 22 Easy Recipes That Make Roast Chicken Exciting Again - Brit + Co ›
- 20 Finger Lickin' Good Chicken Tender Recipes to Make - Brit + Co ›
- 13 Easy, Flavor-Packed Chicken Recipes That Won't Put You to ... ›