Make This Keto Alfredo Zoodles Recipe That Even Vegans Can Enjoy
Fettucine Alfredo is one of the most beloved comfort food dishes in America, but it’s not exactly compatible with most diets (other than maybe carb-loading before a marathon). That’s what inspired us to make a version that is compliant with vegan, gluten-free, low-carb, and keto diets. Our zucchini noodles are coated in a rich, macadamia-nut-based Alfredo that is whirled together in a blender with minimal ingredients. You’ll find it tastes cheesy and fills you up for hours.
While you may have seen a lot of cashew cream sauces on Pinterest, we opted for macadamia nuts because they’re low in carbs (1.2 net grams per ounce). This particular recipe will only set you back roughly 11.4 net grams of carbs per serving, well within your allotted 50 grams for the day.
Ketotarian Macadamia Nut Alfredo Zoodles RECIPE
- 1 cup roasted macadamia nuts
- 1 cup hot water, plus more as needed
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- zest and juice of 1/2 lemon, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 zucchini, ends cut off
- parsley, chopped, to garnish
- 1/4 cup roasted macadamia nuts, chopped, to garnish (optional)
- freshly ground black pepper, to garnish
1. In a high-speed blender, add macadamia nuts and hot water. Allow to sit for 5 minutes. Once softened add nutritional yeast, lemon zest and juice, garlic salt, 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Blend until completely smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
2. Spiralize zucchini onto a cutting board or bowl.
3. In a sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat. Add spiralized zucchini.
4. Cook until wilted and bright green (a few minutes), seasoning with garlic salt.
5. Pour in sauce. Toss to coat, and allow it to heat through for a few minutes.
6. Transfer zoodles to plates.
7. Garnish with parsley, chopped macadamia nuts, and black pepper.
Find more recipes like this one by following Brit + Co on Pinterest.
(Recipe via Anna Monette Roberts/Brit + Co; styling via Kayla Haykin/Brit + Co; photos via Brittany Griffin/Brit + Co)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)