Make This Keto Alfredo Zoodles Recipe That Even Vegans Can Enjoy
Fettucine Alfredo is one of the most beloved comfort food dishes in America, but it’s not exactly compatible with most diets (other than maybe carb-loading before a marathon). That’s what inspired us to make a version that is compliant with vegan, gluten-free, low-carb, and keto diets. Our zucchini noodles are coated in a rich, macadamia-nut-based Alfredo that is whirled together in a blender with minimal ingredients. You’ll find it tastes cheesy and fills you up for hours.
While you may have seen a lot of cashew cream sauces on Pinterest, we opted for macadamia nuts because they’re low in carbs (1.2 net grams per ounce). This particular recipe will only set you back roughly 11.4 net grams of carbs per serving, well within your allotted 50 grams for the day.
Ketotarian Macadamia Nut Alfredo Zoodles RECIPE
- 1 cup roasted macadamia nuts
- 1 cup hot water, plus more as needed
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- zest and juice of 1/2 lemon, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 zucchini, ends cut off
- parsley, chopped, to garnish
- 1/4 cup roasted macadamia nuts, chopped, to garnish (optional)
- freshly ground black pepper, to garnish
1. In a high-speed blender, add macadamia nuts and hot water. Allow to sit for 5 minutes. Once softened add nutritional yeast, lemon zest and juice, garlic salt, 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Blend until completely smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
2. Spiralize zucchini onto a cutting board or bowl.
3. In a sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat. Add spiralized zucchini.
4. Cook until wilted and bright green (a few minutes), seasoning with garlic salt.
5. Pour in sauce. Toss to coat, and allow it to heat through for a few minutes.
6. Transfer zoodles to plates.
7. Garnish with parsley, chopped macadamia nuts, and black pepper.
Find more recipes like this one by following Brit + Co on Pinterest.
(Recipe via Anna Monette Roberts/Brit + Co; styling via Kayla Haykin/Brit + Co; photos via Brittany Griffin/Brit + Co)