15 Make-Ahead Soup Recipes That Will Warm You Up from Head to Toe
There’s nothing like coming home to a steamy bowl of soup after a day spent skiing on the slopes, a snowball fight with your friends or even just a blustery walk home from work. Soup will warm you up from head to toe, but who wants to spend an hour by the stove after a long day in the cold? Try slow cooker soup recipes and preempt your craving by prepping one of these 15 make-ahead soup recipes that will satisfy your savory winter food cravings and fill you up too. Bonus: lunch and dinner for the week has been solved with these easy soup recipes.
1. Ginger Miso Soba Soup: Upgrade from the traditional chicken noodle to another noodle soup that packs serious flavor thanks to a savory miso broth, not to mention an array of fresh and delicious toppings like tofu, shitake mushrooms and pea sprouts. (via Fork Knife Swoon)
2. Smoked Bacon Veggie and Potato Soup: Bacon makes everything better, and if you’re craving a soup filled with veggies too, this recipe should end up in your slow cooker. It’s made with simple, seasonal and wholesome ingredients. (via Cotter Crunch)
4. Detox Vegetable Soup: If you’re ready not to look at sugar ever again after the holidays, this soup will get you back on track. Bonus: It’s a much more delicious way to have your veggies than with just juicing. (via The Healthy Maven)
5. Broccoli and Cheese Soup: Who doesn’t love broccoli and cheese soup? This version is a lighter take on the classic recipe, meaning you have extra room for a grilled cheese, because why not? (via Fashionable Foods)
6. Chicken Tortilla Soup: This might be the most awesome DIY soup ever. You’ll only need three ingredients for the base, and then you can top it however you like — we suggest corn, black beans, shredded cheese and, of course, lots of avocado. (via Brit + Co)
8. Curried Coconut Carrot Soup: Sweet carrots, creamy coconut milk and spicy curry come together to make the best, silkiest soup ever. Keep up the Asian flavors with a tasty banh mi on the side. (via The Kitchn)
10. Easy Turkey Tortilla Soup: If you have tons of leftovers from holiday meals, throw them into a pot to make this Mexican classic. It is the best way to clean out the fridge. (via The Suburban Soapbox)
11. Ginger Butternut Squash Soup: This healthy soup will help you keep your New Year’s resolutions on track. Put that immersion blender to good use and prep this soup over the weekend. (via Brit + Co)
12. Turkish Lentil Soup: Pureeing lentils gives this soup a creamy and velvety consistency that not only tastes great, but packs perfectly for lunch the next day. Just don’t forget that squeeze of fresh lemon at the end. (via Dani California Cooks)
13. Slow Cooker Chicken Quinoa Soup: Chicken noodle soup gets an upgrade with this quinoa-filled version. Take 20 minutes to prepare the ingredients, then let the slow cooker do the work for you. (via The Almond Eater)
14. Slow Cooker Lemon Rosemary Lentil Soup: This soup doesn’t only cook itself while you’re at work or in class, but it’s really healthy too. Be sure to make cornbread to serve alongside. (via Melanie Makes)
15. Venezuelan Black Bean Soup: This recipe uses the classic Latin mixture of onion, bell peppers and garlic to give it a distinct flavor. The black beans add all the protein you’ll need to serve up this warm meal. (via Thyme & Love)
Tell us your favorite way to warm up in the winter by tweeting us at @BritandCo!