The Prettiest Makeup Organization Ideas You *Need* to Try
When it comes to your beauty routine, there should be no messing around — and we mean that quite literally. For every bit as meticulous as you are applying lipstick and mascara, the same should be said of your makeup organization system. And whether you have a dedicated counter or a teeny tiny bedroom vanity, we’re here to inspire a pretty solution that works for you, from repurposed vases to barely there lucite shelves. Here, 14 ways to get your beauty stash looking as great as you do.
1. Perfume Shelves: Arrange your favorite fragrances on shelves to save on counter space. We’re loving this three-tiered unit, which neatly stacks your scents to keep them looking as pretty as they smell. (via StyleCaster)
2. Container Store Acrylic Organizer ($30): Keep things looking clutter-free with a translucent unit. Acrylic is a great option to work with since it gives structure to all your cosmetics without distracting from your vanity decor. And with a variety of sizes and styles to choose from, you can easily tailor your pick to best suit your makeup selection.
3. DIY Candlestick Hack: Arrange bulkier items like lotions or liquids with a few plates and a candlestick. This DIY stand covers a lot of ground when it comes to storing your goods in one spot. Try pairing a smaller saucer with a larger one for a customized solution that fits the look of your room. (via Better Homes and Gardens)
4. DIY Aluminum Sheet Vases: Put the pedal to the metal when it comes to arranging your brushes and beauty tools. This aluminum vase project is super easy to make; plus the added perforation gives it an industrial-chic look that works in just about any space. (via Sugar & Cloth)
6. DIY Copper Pipe Brush Display: Beauty gurus and DIY lovers alike love this copper project for some much-needed (and stylish!) storage. Just be sure you add extra pipes to guarantee you’ll have enough space to showcase your full display. (via Mr. Kate)
8. DIY Copper Carrier: Turn copper tumblers from your craft store into one glam wall piece. This display is pretty enough for the bathroom, bedroom, or really anywhere requiring a last-minute lipstick application. (via A Beautiful Mess)
9. DIY Hanging Beauty Organizer: Here’s an inexpensive solution to a fast-growing beauty supply. Not only can this shoe organizer store an entire arsenal of products, but the labels make it easy to find things during those early mornings. (via Buzzfeed)
11. Accessorize Your Accessories: Skip the traditional vanity setup and try something new with coffee table books, vases with florals, or other glam trinkets. They’ll accessorize your get-ready space into an area that doesn’t *feel* like one at all. (via MakeUpLoversUnite)
12. Recycled Planter Pots: Say hello to the perfect solution for any naturalist or makeup lover with a green thumb. Just be sure to wash the repurposed pots before putting them to use! (via The Beauty Context)
13. Cotton Ball Container: If your decor already has minimalist vibes, opt for this cotton ball container filled with your favorite glosses. The best part is it looks super glam while still serving as a functional storage spot. (via StyleCaster)
Looking for more ways to up your makeup organization? Follow us on Pinterest for more inspo!