Once we get closer to fall, squash starts to dominate the grocery store displays. Butternut, acorn, delicata and spaghetti squash all star in the best squash recipes for fall. Even zucchini and yellow squash hang around from summer squash recipes long enough for you to utilize them well into autumn. There are *tons* of ways to prepare them (hellooooooo, spaghetti squash pasta!), but why not take advantage of their hearty contents and stuff them with all of the delicious non-vegetarian options you can? Scroll down to discover 14 filling stuffed squash recipes made just for carnivores.
1. Stuffed Delicata Squash: Go ahead and run to your nearest farmers’ market to stock up on delicata squash *immediately.* Unlike butternut squash, they have a thin exterior that isn’t a pain to peel. This one is stuffed with ground beef and bulgur wheat, then topped with pumpkin seeds. (via Sidewalk Shoes)
2. Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats: Only four ingredients stand between you and these slightly spicy Buffalo chicken boats. Try serving them up as a low-carb option on game day. (via The Wholesome Dish)
3. Spaghetti Squash Burrito Bowls: Chipotle fans, take note! These bowls are stuffed full of veggies and salsa and topped with tons of broiled cheese. All you need is a side of guac (yes, we know it costs extra), and you’re good to go. (via Making Thyme for Health)
4. Chili Cheese Stuffed Spaghetti Squash: You can feel better about eating chili and cheese when it’s shoved inside a spaghetti squash, right? Either way, this comforting meal is too good to pass up. (via Kitchen Treaty)
5. Chipotle Chicken Stuffed Brown Sugar Roasted Acorn Squash: We need this on our dinner menu ASAP. Tender acorn squash is roasted with brown sugar, then stuffed with zesty chipotle chicken and topped with cheese and breadcrumbs. Come to mama… (via Half Baked Harvest)
7. Lasagna Zucchini Boats: We all know that the best part of lasagna is the meat sauce. PRO TIP: Hollow out zucchini with a spoon for the lasagna fillings and you’re saving calories and adding nutrients. (via Cooking Classy)
8. Stuffed Patty Pan Squash With Quinoa, Beef and Spinach: If you’ve never had a patty pan squash, then you’re sorely missing out. They’re smaller than the average squash and are shaped like a flower. Hollow them out and stuff with ingredients like quinoa, beef and spinach, and they become the perfect portion size for one. (via Amee’s Savory Dish)
9. Cheesy Pesto Chicken and Veggie Stuffed Spaghetti Squash: Chicken, veggies and cheese… oh my! This stuffed squash has everything you need and more. Stick your fork all the way to the bottom and chow down. (via Peas and Crayons)
11. Spicy Tomato Garlic Shrimp With Spaghetti Squash: There’s no need to go through the trouble of scooping out your cooked spaghetti squash. Just serve your sauce and protein right in the middle and get a big bite of everything all at once. (via Recipe Runner)
12. Sausage and Pepper Stuffed Spaghetti Squash: Whether you make your own marinara or opt for jarred, this dish is delish no matter what. Make sure to top with plenty of mozzarella, OBVI. (via Closet Cooking)
13. Sausage and Apple Stuffed Acorn Squash: Sausage, apple and squash make for one incredible fall flavor combo. These could easily be served as an alternative to stuffing, come holiday time. (via Cherished Bliss)
14. Stuffed Zucchini With Farmer Sausage, Onions and Cheese: Even those who claim to dislike squash will LOVE these. If you stuff anything with sausage and cheese, you can get anyone to try something new. (via Cooks With Cocktails)
Follow us on Pinterest for more delicious seasonal recipe ideas.