Morning Buzz! This Surprise Proposal Live on DWTS Will Melt Your Heart + More
From a surprise proposal to a pop star’s (sorta) goodbye, check out six of today’s top news items below.
1. They’re engaged! Last night on DWTS, Sasha Farber proposed live on stage to his gf and fellow pro dancer Emma Slater with a BEAUTY dusty-rose colored sapphire. “I will never forget this moment, the best day of my life,” Emma captioned her Instagram photo of the proposal in action. “I’m engaged to @sashafarber1!!!!!!💍” Emma had no idea that the proposal was going to happen, but as soon as she figured out what was going on, she started crying before Sasha even said anything. Congrats to the adorbs couple!
2. Caitlyn Jenner is the first of Kim Kardashian’s family to speak following Kim’s robbery. Just a day after facing criticism in the comments of a different Instagram post, Caitlyn shared a message of love and relief for Kim’s safety after being tied up and robbed in Paris. “Love my girl!” she wrote. “After hearing the full story, I’m so thankful she’s okay. It’s a reminder for us all to be careful in the uncertainty of this world.” On Monday, Caitlyn posted a photo of her and Kylie at a car show, and commenters saw it as a disrespectful show of flippancy toward what had just transpired.
3. Demi Lovato waves goodbye to the music industry. Demi announced yesterday that she would be taking a break from music and the media in 2017, tweeting, “So excited for 2017. Taking a break from music and the spotlight. I am not meant for this business and the media,” and capped it off with the waving hand emoji. Time will tell if that will also mean another social media break.
4. You won’t believe who the highest paid dramatic actors on TV are. IT’S YA GIRLS. Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel top a list released by Variety breaking down who and what actors make on dramatic and comedic TV shows. Lauren and Alexis are said to rake in a whopping $750k per episode for the upcoming Gilmore Girls reboot. To which we say: GET MONEY, GET PAID. And then we use the painting-nails emoji. (Image via via GIPHY)
5. This creepy clown epidemic is getting out of hand. You’ve heard about this, right? People dressed in creepy clown costumes coming out of nowhere to chase cars stopped or driving by? There’s a good chance a lot of it is Internet-fuelled fun, fear and good old-fashioned copy catting, but nonetheless, it’s so visible right now that during the White House press briefing on Tuesday, a reporter asked the press secretary if President Obama was aware of it. “I don’t know that the president has been briefed on this particular situation,” Josh Earnest said. To which we say, just go to @SpookyClowns on Twitter for all the briefing you need. (And also never sleep again.) (h/t People)
6. Quote of the day: “Ill be back, stronger, better.” Rapper Kid Cudi penned an emotional and illuminating Facebook post revealing his depression and suicidal urges, saying he has checked himself into treatment. We wish him all the best.
Have you seen one of those spooky clowns in your area? Let us know on Twitter @BritandCo.
(Featured photo via @emmaslaterdance)