Every Mushy Celebrity Post Sure to Make You Weep for Mother’s Day 2018
It’s Mother’s Day, and the heartfelt feels are flowing! From printed cards to public social proclamations of admiration, moms everywhere are feeling the love, with celeb mamas being no exception. This year’s posts were particularly sweet —Lauren Conrad is celebrating her very first Mother’s Day, for instance, while Minka Kelly is reminding us all to cherish our moms while we can — with a few homages that even had us in tears. Read on for all their best tributes below!
1. Gigi Hadid: The model shared a throwback of herself snuggled up to a pregnant Yolanda Hadid.
2. Ashley Graham: The Revlon spokesperson recalled watching her mom doing her makeup as a young girl, saying,. “She would let me try on all her lipsticks and taught me to #liveboldly… in my eyes she’ll always be the most beautiful woman in the world!”
3. Kat Dennings: Dennings admitted that motherhood seems wild, saying she had “so much respect/fear for moms everywhere,” but particularly hers: “Here she is with me and my brother at the potato stages.”
4. Candace Cameron Bure: The Fuller House star gathered four generations together for one epic shot, saying, “Grandma, mom, me, and daughter. Celebrating every woman who’s encouraged and impacted me to become the mother I am today.”
5. Lauren Conrad: Conrad enjoyed a day at the beach with her son Liam for their very first Mother’s Day together.
6. Cyndi Lauper: “I got it from my mama,” Lauper quipped.
7. Kate Hudson: The mama-to-be paid homage to Goldie Hawn, saying, “When you grow up with a smile like this you are raised to find the joy in every moment. Raised to find the laughter in sometimes the most difficult circumstances and raised to share deep connections that fill our hearts with love and all the good things that nurture our soul.”
8. Alyssa Milano: Milano got kisses and breakfast in bed for her special day.
9. Geri Haliwell: Ginger Spice did yoga with her mini-me, writing, “When you’re twinning with your mum.”
10. Avril Lavigne: The singer posted a snap of her and her lookalike matriarch, saying, “Have a wonderful day. I love you, mommy.”
11. Sarah Michelle Gellar: The FoodStirs entrepreneur posted an adorable throwback, writing, “Wishing a happy Mother’s Day to the mom who started it all for me. My mom.”
12. Jenni “JWoww” Farley: The mommy of two shared an all-too relatable post about the ups and downs of mommyhood, writing, “To be your mom is an honor and a privilege… Some days I think I’m doing it all wrong and failing… Other days I think I’m superhuman and kicking a** at parenting… but through it all, one thing never changes… You are my world, my heart, and the reason it beats.”
13. Miranda Lambert: Lambert came together with “three generations of grit and glitter.”
14. Julianne Hough: Hough shared an entire slideshow dedicated to her mom, saying that she wants to be just like her. “I’ll always be your baby and come sit on your lap and ask you to tickle my back or rub my feet no matter how “mature” I get!”
15. Uzo Aduba: The OITNB star kept it short and sweet, saying, “For raising me. For your strength. For guiding me. For your love. I just love you so much.”
16. Ariana Grande: Grande vowed to one day be “half the superwoman” her mother is as what she called a “mom and a dad, a best friend, an inspiration, a comedian, a healer, a genius, and a brilliant example of a woman.”
17. Jennifer Lopez: The musician posed for a selfie with her mama, saying, “You are so much a part of who I am… You made me believe I could do anything and I wouldn’t be the woman I am today if it weren’t for you.”
18. Nicole “Snooki” LaValle: LaValle cuddled up to her two little ones, expressing gratitude to be their mommy. “You have made me a better person and I’m so thankful for you!’
19. Drew Barrymore: The Santa Clarita Diet actress posted an old photo of herself and her brood, acknowledging, “We have all changed so much. But the love we have has only grown stronger.”
20. Anna Faris: In pure Faris fashion, the mother of one cracked a joke, saying, “My beautiful mother — who wanted me to be a good person (not sure if I am) but I’m so lucky.”
21. Emily Ratajkowski: The model melted hearts with an adorable shot of herself clasping hands with her mom, writing, “Happy Mother’s Day to the number one woman in my life. Your love is the most magical thing in the universe and I am forever grateful to be your daughter.”
22. Nicole Kidman: Kidman spent the day crafting with her own mother and daughters. “What a wonderful way to spend the day,” she wrote.
23. Minka Kelly: Kelly opened up with a super personal post to her mom, who passed away in 2008. “I spent so much of my life wishing my mother were something and someone she wasn’t. I wanted her to like everyone else’s moms. I wanted her to be normal. Whatever that means. I blamed her for a lot of things for a long time. It was a little too late when I realized that if I’m gonna blame her for the bad, I also have to blame her for the good. And when I blame her for the good, I’m able to heal. If she were the mother I wanted her to be, I wouldn’t be me…. Love your mommas. Love them hard. They’re doing the best they can with what they have.”
24: Orlando Bloom: Bloom had a dinner date with his “mum” to enjoy a stew dish she’s been making him “since [he] can remember:”
25. Justin Bieber: Bieber posted a shot of himself and mother, Pattie Mallette, in a heart-warming embrace with a caption of lyrics to Boyz II Men’s “A Song for Mama.” Awwww!
26. Gisele Búndchen: Bündchen embraced the two moms she called “amazing, strong, and loving.”
27. Gabrielle Union: The Breaking In producer and star shared her mother’s struggles growing up, writing, “This is my mom. My mom graduated from high school in the mid-60s and went straight to work. She met my dad and they began to take college courses at night after work and cleaned a daycare after classes for free childcare. My mom didn’t graduate from college until 1983. She never gave up, she never stopped working. This is who raised me. She has never had enough resources, but she’s always made a way…. At 60, my mom adopted three more kids… She’s still going and she’s still finding a way against all the odds. This incredible woman is my forever inspiration and I love you and celebrate you today and every day.”
28. Amy Schumer: Schumer thanked her mom for “Always being there and always answering when I call.”
29. Ryan Seacrest:The LIVE With Ryan and Kelly host took his mom for a jog at the farmer’s market before hitting up the set of American Idol.
30. Sarah Hyland: Hyland, who has been dealing with health issues all year, thanked her mom for being there during the trying times. “This past year has been challenging to say the least, but you’ve been the very best woman a daughter could have through it all. Thank you for everything you’ve ever done for me… except giving me your perfect teeth,” she joked.
31. Lacey Chabert: The Mean Girls star showed off a sweet pic with her baby girl Julia. “The pure joy and love I feel for my daughter often takes my breath away,” she wrote.
32. Kim Kardashian West: The mommy of three shared this throwback selfie of her momager and her, saying, “You’ve taught us all to live life to the fullest and work hard for what you want. You’ve always taught us family above everything! Thank you for being the best grandma to my kids! I love you.”
33. Jessica Biel: Biel enjoyed bottomless drinks with her mom, quipping, “It took me nearly 30 years to truly understand everything you sacrificed for me. I am in awe of your wisdom and grace and I hope I can emulate those ideals with my own children (without ending up in a straitjacket).
34. Ava Phillippe: Phillippe gave thanks to her lookalike mom, saying, “I’m so glad we’ve gotten to grow together and support each other.”
35. Olivia Wilde: Wilde shoed off a nearly identical shot to one taken of her mom previously, writing, “31 years apart but very much the same. Just a couple of sleepy moms.”
Whose post made you tear up? Share your truth over @BritandCo.
(Photo via Larry Busacca/Getty)