30 Tasteful Ways to Add Colorful Accents to Your Home
A home with lots of color is a happy home. Color is a great mood booster and adds a sense of playfulness to any room whether you paint all the walls neon or just play around with neon accent pieces. So whether you gravitate toward a quieter palette or a color-drenched one, working in neon shades is easier than you may think. Here are 30 bright ideas for basking in this brilliant color trend.
6. Touch of Color: Sometimes less is more and all it takes are a couple pieces of neon green to add lots of character and a touch of playfulness to this otherwise modern kitchen. (via Organized Clutter)
7. Color Galore: Pardon the image quality, please. This is the happy home of photographer Ingrid Rasmussen, where she surrounds herself with colorful inspiration for her next creative project. (via Seventy-Nine Ideas)
8. Shot in the Dark: Dark shades of gray make a killer background for this particular shade of citron green. The sliding door gives a cool sneaky view of neon, and when you’re not in the mood, you can just roll it out of sight! (via The Design Chaser)
9. Neon Dipped: We’ve seen dipped furniture with tables and stools, but what a fun idea to paint the legs of your bed! Neon green looks incredible peeking out from under the white bedding. (via Deco and Living)
13. Split Complements: In an otherwise traditionally styled living room, the bright chartreuse throw pillows are an unexpected and much appreciated pop of color that keep things from getting too stuffy. (via Architecture Art Designs)
14. Temporary Touches: If you’re waffling about wall color, why not try a temporary stencil? You could go crazy with whatever color struck your fancy and play around with a couple stripes or geometric shapes. (via Hibrid)
15. Excitement Overhead: A playful pendant can act as a focal point, drawing the eye away from messy surfaces. Artwork displaying a rainbow of neons serves as a unifier, making it easy for acid green, orange and hot pink to live together. (via Real Simple)
16. Mismatched Unity: Hooray for a mismatch of dining chairs! We are loving the trend of mix and matching chair styles, and that rustic gray table is the perfect choice to really show off those neon seats. (via Hibrid)
20. Girly Glam: Are we allowed to say “subtle” and “neon” in the same sentence? This pastel Scandinavian decor is made just a little more colorful with a couple of neon yellow accents. (via Moody’s Home)
22. Bright Ideas: Neon colors work great with a minimalist decor because there is nothing to clash or overwhelm. Add a few accents to your desk for an energizing workspace. (via Hibrid)
23. Closed Doors: You never know what you’ll find behind closed doors! You’ll feel like you’re in a seashell when you step out of this very modern bathroom into a vibrant pink bedroom. (via Hibrid)
25. Bazaar Style: To avoid feeling overwhelmed by color, repeat the color palette in more subtle shades throughout other aspects of the decor. Here, the bright shades in the graphic floral print are subtly reflected in the striped couch cushions. (via A Life More Fabulous)
30. Neon on Neutrals: Whoever said neon wasn’t glamorous needs to check out this bedroom. The colors are so saturated that they instantly make you feel awake and invigorated, perfect for getting started in the morning. (via Design Vox)
Will you be trying any neon colors in your home? Let us know in the comments below!