10 New Highlighters to Try for the Strobing-Shy
If you tend to be more of a natural beauty gal, you might think highlighters aren’t for you. We totally understand that strobing (or swiping a shimmer-centric product on your cheekbones) might not be your cup of tea, but there’s a new generation of highlighters in town that are shedding new light to this trend. Meet the 10 freshest highlighters that deliver more glow than glitter.
1. Tarte Brighter Days Highlighting Moisturizer ($32): This sheer, mega-moisturizing highlighter is the totally wearable product you’ve been looking for. It’s formulated with 70 percent water and contains light-reflecting mineral pigments that make you look like you’re living life with a permanent Instagram filter.
2. NARS Banc De Sable Highlighter Palette ($49): This gorgeous palette will bring light to your face without overdoing it in the glitz department. Wear ’em dry for a subtle lightness or apply them wet for more drama. The three shades can be mixed together or used on their own, so play with them until you find exactly what you’re after. Bonus: They also look beautiful on the eyes!
3. GLAMGLOW GLOWSTARTER Mega Illuminating Moisturizer ($49): Get your glow on with this pearlescent cream that will never look shiny or glittery on your skin. Jam-packed with good-for-your-skin vitamins and hyaluronic acid, it does much more than add a dewy glow to your skin.
4. Sephora Perfection Mist Nude Glow ($20): For the gal on the go who doesn’t have time to fuss around with a brush but wants a beautiful, highlighted complexion, reach for this mist that contains rose-gold micro pearls for radiance. It can be sprayed on your entire face for an allover glow or just misted over the areas you want to bring light to.
5. Benefit Cosmetics Dandelion Shy Beam Matte Highlighter ($26): This pink-hued highlighter is anything but shimmery thanks to a matte finish. The handy little brush applicator easily distributes the product — just dot it on wherever you want to brighten up, and then tap it in with your fingers or a damp makeup sponge.
6. Stila Heaven’s Hue Highlighter ($32): The “putty-to-powder” texture leaves behind a subtle luminosity that’s totally buildable. Since you use your fingers to apply, it’s a great fit for busy gals on-the-go.
7. Laura Mercier Lightstruck Prismatic Glow Palette ($52): At first glance, this palette looks way too colorful to give off anything but a serious highlight. But let us assure you that the blendable cream highlighters melt like butter into your skin and are easily layered on top of your foundation for a super flawless finish.
8. Mally Beauty Glowing Goddess Luminizer ($29): The name of this luminizer says it all — you will legit glow like a goddess. Beyond giving your skin a bronze brilliance, its vitamins and antioxidants help make your skin look and feel the best it can.
9. Estée Edit Flash Illuminator ($28): Get an extra dose of moisture in your routine with this cream illuminator that delivers a natural, candlelit glow. You can even mix a few squirts into your liquid foundation or moisturizer for an extra boost.
10. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder ($46): All six shades of this finishing powder flatter every skin tone, but the best part is that they color-correct your skin while giving a lit-from-within glow.
Tweet us your favorite highlighters @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.