8 Celebs With the Coolest Non-Traditional Engagement Rings
The starlets of Hollywood tend to rock some of the most covetable bling, especially when it comes to engagement rings. Whether it’s Ciara’s new rock or Iggy Azalea’s epic yellow stone, you can usually expect a new celebrity engagement to mean a massive diamond ring. But there are a select few who have instead opted not for the biggest diamond they could find, but something more unique. Whether you’re a total indie bride-to-be or just hoping for something a little different, scroll on down to check out these celebs’ non-traditional engagement rings.
1. Olivia Wilde: Olivia’s beau Jason Sudeikis popped the question with this unique, circular shaped ring surrounded by emeralds. A solid option if you want something with a little bit of color but not too much. (Photo via Jon Kopaloff/Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
2. Kate Middleton: I mean, who hasn’t gawked over this ring a time or two? Prince William proposed to Kate while they were on holiday in Kenya back in 2010. When proposing, William presented Kate with a selection of rings to choose from. She ended up picking this blue sapphire ring that had belonged to his mother Princess Diana. (Photo via Chris Jackson/Getty)
3. Lady Gaga: Taylor Kinney proposed to Lady Gaga this past Valentines Day with what other than a heart-shaped engagement ring? According to Yahoo, a heart-shaped diamond of that size is super rare – like there are under 20 in the entire wholesale diamond market rare. An expert tells them, “a diamond of that caliber, size and clarity could easily run upwards of $500,000.” Casual. (Photo via Jon Kopaloff/Frazer Harrison/Getty)
4. FKA Twigs: Leave it to this indie couple to pull off this super non-traditional ring. Robert Pattinson proposed to his musician girlfriend with this tiara shaped ring.What we love about the couple’s pick is that while it strays away from the classic engagement shapes, it’s still relatively delicate with a vintage feel. (Photo via Larry Busacca/Getty)
5. Alison Brie: Try not to be too jealous folks, but it looks like Dave Franco is now *officially* off the market. He proposed to his longtime girlfriend Alison Brie with this stunning rose gold ring set with rose cut diamond and diamond pave last summer. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Imeh Akpanudosen/Getty)
6. Cameron Diaz: It looks as though Jen Aniston’s decision to go for a wedding band may have been inspired by her bud Cameron. The actress who married Benji Madden back in January of last year rocks this simple and understated diamond band, and tends to pair it with larger statement rings like the gold piece photographed above. (Photo via Jon Kopaloff/Bauer-Griffin/Getty)
7. Scarlett Johansson: While FKA Twigs’ ring offers a hint of a vintage vibe, Scarlett’s ring totally goes there. The art-deco ring features three round-cut diamonds and rows of pavé diamonds in an intricate tiered setting. (Photo via Michael Buckner/Taylor Hill/Getty)
8. Marion Cotillard: Okay so technically this might be more of a promise ring, considering Marion denies that Guillaume is her husband. However, she’s been rocking this flower-shaped ring since late 2010. Either way, we’re totally swooning over her subtle signature style. (Photos via Charles Leonio/Steve Granitz/Getty)
Which engagement ring are you swooning over more? Share with us on Twitter @BritandCo.