8 Celebs With the Coolest Non-Traditional Engagement Rings
The starlets of Hollywood tend to rock some of the most covetable bling, especially when it comes to engagement rings. Whether it’s Ciara’s new rock or Iggy Azalea’s epic yellow stone, you can usually expect a new celebrity engagement to mean a massive diamond ring. But there are a select few who have instead opted not for the biggest diamond they could find, but something more unique. Whether you’re a total indie bride-to-be or just hoping for something a little different, scroll on down to check out these celebs’ non-traditional engagement rings.
1. Olivia Wilde: Olivia’s beau Jason Sudeikis popped the question with this unique, circular shaped ring surrounded by emeralds. A solid option if you want something with a little bit of color but not too much. (Photo via Jon Kopaloff/Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
2. Kate Middleton: I mean, who hasn’t gawked over this ring a time or two? Prince William proposed to Kate while they were on holiday in Kenya back in 2010. When proposing, William presented Kate with a selection of rings to choose from. She ended up picking this blue sapphire ring that had belonged to his mother Princess Diana. (Photo via Chris Jackson/Getty)
3. Lady Gaga: Taylor Kinney proposed to Lady Gaga this past Valentines Day with what other than a heart-shaped engagement ring? According to Yahoo, a heart-shaped diamond of that size is super rare – like there are under 20 in the entire wholesale diamond market rare. An expert tells them, “a diamond of that caliber, size and clarity could easily run upwards of $500,000.” Casual. (Photo via Jon Kopaloff/Frazer Harrison/Getty)
4. FKA Twigs: Leave it to this indie couple to pull off this super non-traditional ring. Robert Pattinson proposed to his musician girlfriend with this tiara shaped ring.What we love about the couple’s pick is that while it strays away from the classic engagement shapes, it’s still relatively delicate with a vintage feel. (Photo via Larry Busacca/Getty)
5. Alison Brie: Try not to be too jealous folks, but it looks like Dave Franco is now *officially* off the market. He proposed to his longtime girlfriend Alison Brie with this stunning rose gold ring set with rose cut diamond and diamond pave last summer. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Imeh Akpanudosen/Getty)
6. Cameron Diaz: It looks as though Jen Aniston’s decision to go for a wedding band may have been inspired by her bud Cameron. The actress who married Benji Madden back in January of last year rocks this simple and understated diamond band, and tends to pair it with larger statement rings like the gold piece photographed above. (Photo via Jon Kopaloff/Bauer-Griffin/Getty)
7. Scarlett Johansson: While FKA Twigs’ ring offers a hint of a vintage vibe, Scarlett’s ring totally goes there. The art-deco ring features three round-cut diamonds and rows of pavé diamonds in an intricate tiered setting. (Photo via Michael Buckner/Taylor Hill/Getty)
8. Marion Cotillard: Okay so technically this might be more of a promise ring, considering Marion denies that Guillaume is her husband. However, she’s been rocking this flower-shaped ring since late 2010. Either way, we’re totally swooning over her subtle signature style. (Photos via Charles Leonio/Steve Granitz/Getty)
Which engagement ring are you swooning over more? Share with us on Twitter @BritandCo.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)