10 Modern Nursery Mobiles to Buy for Your Babe
The mission to find the right mobile for your little munchkin, it’s one of the trickiest decor decisions in a baby’s room. It’s right there, hanging from the ceiling, demanding almost as much attention as the nursery’s #1 resident. Not to mention, your baby has to stare at it… a lot. We’ve got you and your wee one covered with 10 gorgeous mobiles that you can buy. No bulky plastic contraptions or blaring melodies included.
1. Leather Triangle Mobile in Atticus ($65): Living in a hipster paradise? Bedecked with simple shapes and bright colors, this fab mobile is handmade using leather triangles.
2. Paper Crane Mobile ($49): Once your wild child hits the ripe old age of three and moves into the big-kid bed, you’ll want to repurpose this for your home office. The paper cranes are hand-folded and finished with ribbon, eyelets and buttons, and the birds sway softly with a little breeze.
3. Metallic Linen Mobiles ($159): Get ready to fall head over heels for these handmade mobiles from Snuggly Ugly. Metallic linen adds a rockin’ touch of sophistication to their sweet fairy tale style. Hang them from the wall or ceiling during the baby days, then detach and use for play as your child grows.
4. Whale Bamboo Mobile ($66): Have a whale of a time with the simple sleek lines in this laser-cut mobile, made with sustainably harvested bamboo and 100% wool felt accents.
5. Flensted Balloon 5 Mobile ($48): Another take on modern artful mobiles, Balloon 5 is designed by Finnish designer Christian Flensted. The colorful, simple shapes will have you and your babe dreaming of adventures around the world.
6. Zen Musical Mobile ($70): This adorable mobile will lull little ones off to sleep with sweet French melodies. J’adore!
7. Themis Mobile ($36): This MOMA-approved mobile celebrates the Museum’s own collection of mobiles (slightly larger, but mobiles nonetheless). Babies will love the contrasting colors and the gentle movement of the paper ornaments.
8. Woodland Creatures Mobile ($88): Cute overload alert: These handmade little guys are so lovely. You can choose your own set of creatures — porcupine and mushroom are a must, obviously. And here’s a little eco-friendly bonus for you: These plush little guys are created with felt that is made from 100% post-consumer plastic bottles.
9. Pinwheels Mobile ($75): Your little one will be mesmerized watching these move. No breeze necessary. They gently spin thanks to the body heat that rises up from your little bundle. They mount easily from the ceiling, so you can adjust them upwards as baby grows.
10. Hot Air Balloons Mobile ($57): Boho babes love the color scheme of these little paper hot air balloons Each one hangs individually, so you can choose whatever arrangement your free-spirited self fancies.
Which mobile will you be gifting away? Let us know in the comments below.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.