10 Ways to Rock the Runway’s Easiest Hairstyle
For all the ladies who’d rather snooze than flat-iron in the morning, who throw their coats on as they rush out the door and can’t seem to find a hair elastic anywhere: New York Fashion Week totally gets you. Sure, there are some pretty high-flying ‘dos on the runways, but there have also been a lot of #iwokeuplikethis looks. Tucked-in hair is the latest entrant into the “meh” lazy girl hair trend, showing up in shows like Coach, BCBGMAXAZRIA and J.Crew. Here are 10 easy, breezy ways to make tucked-in hair très chic this season.
1. Bright Sweaters: J.Crew combined cozy and colorful on the runway. The tucked-in hair on all the models really topped off the effortlessness. (Photo via Fernanda Calfat/Getty Images)
2. Chunky Turtlenecks: Turtlenecks are BACK, baby. Throw one over your head and don’t bother pulling your hair through — that way you’ll avoid tangles too. (Photo via Fernanda Calfat/Getty Images)
3. Prints and Patterns: If you’re a fan of mixing different prints, let them take center stage by donning this understated ‘do. (Photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty Images)
4. Scarves: Ever sneak a look at yourself in the mirror as you wrap your favorite scarf around your neck and think, “Whoa, I look cute”? You are so right. (Photo via Fernanda Calfat/Getty Images)
5. Wrap Coats: Just wrap, cinch and head out the door. It doesn’t get much simpler than that. (Photo via Jacopo Raule/Getty Images)
6. Sleeveless Dresses: The tucked-in hair look isn’t just for winter coats and scarves, as this model proves at the Edun show. (Photo via Slaven Vlasic/Getty Images)
7. Open Coats: Rarely is the windswept look very photogenic, but the effect becomes so much prettier with your ends tucked into your lapels. (Photo via Slaven Vlasic/Getty Images)
8. Sweater Dresses: Tucked-in hair paired with a stunning dress like this BCBGMAXAZRIA design would be a major head-turner on date night. (Photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty Images)
9. Pretty in Pink: A bright pink statement coat like this new Kate Spade design is the perfect frame for your flawless tresses. (Photo via Cindy Ord/Getty Images)
10. All-Black Ensemble: Oh hey, Julianne Moore! Way to be completely on-trend at the BOSS Women’s show. (Photo via Craig Barritt/Getty Images)
How do you like to tuck your hair in? Share your style savvy in the comments below!
If you lack a certain way with words, then perhaps you can rely on showing how you feel this holiday season with an artful greeting card you can make at home! Brit dropped by our crafting studio where we teamed with Camp by Walmart to create a choose-your-own-adventure holiday card tutorial. In the interactive video, it's up to you to decide what type of card you want to make — sentimental, or stylish? Three-dimensional, or keep it simple? After you've selected your design vibe, Brit helps you assemble it all together so your last-min card is ready to send. Get ready to pick up a few new DIY tricks when you watch the video now!