16 Beauty Products That Should Be Stashed in Your Desk at All Times
Keeping up appearances at work isn’t as easy as it sounds. You might feel polished and fresh-faced at 8 a.m., but by noon you’ve lost your battle with the dry chill of that climate-controlled environment. Or maybe you’ve been quietly typing away all afternoon, but anyone who saw you at happy hour would assume you’d been doing some P90X workouts in your office. Whatever your challenge, we’re here to help you stock your desk drawer with essential beauty products that’ll keep you looking and feeling lovely all day long.
1. Tokyo Milk Hand Creme in Bulletproof No. 45 ($22): This brand is one of our favorites for shea butter goodness paired with grown-up scents (no more Bath + Body Works for us). Plus, the tube is so gorgeous that it’s almost a shame to keep it cooped up in a drawer.
2. Dior Skin Forever Wear-Extending Invisible Retouch Powder ($44): Ultra-fine and light, this touch-up powder is meant for just that — touch-ups.
3. Batiste Dry Shampoo ($14 for three): Dry shampoo is a must, and we’re not sure what we love most about this UK brand… the instant root lift, the variety of fun, retro branding or the fact that it comes in travel sizes and three-packs so we will never have to live without it again. Rather DIY your own concoction? Check our tutorial!
4. Benebalm Lip Tint Hydrators ($18): Moisture is a priority, but a little tint in your lip balm will help it stay polished in case your boss’s boss decides to stop by your desk. Benefit’s balms come in four bright, but surprisingly natural colors.
5. Juice Beauty Hydrating Mist ($22): This magical mist (made with organic rosehip, ylang ylang and resveratrol grapeseed oil) will leave you supremely refreshed in a dry office building.
6. Wegner Swiss Clipper Tool ($27): Bad ass and beautiful, it’s the Swiss Army knife of the beauty world. It’s packed with a pair of scissors, nail clipper, nail file, nail cleaner, tooth pick, tweezer, mini screwdriver and key ring.
7. Tweezerman Mini Slant Tweezers: If you choose not to go the all-in-one-route, these mini tweezers are so good that you might as well get another pair for your house, too. As you know, we also love a good geometric print… so, extra points.
8. Josie Maran Bear Naked Nail Wipes ($9): Finally, a nail polish remover that won’t make your neighboring cube roomies want to punch you in the face. These wipes condition with natural argan oil and remove polish without harsh (and strong-smelling) acetone so you can be rid of a chipped manicure on the fly.
9. Ribbon Hair Ties ($8): Clear elastics are useful if you have to throw your hair up quickly before a presentation, but these bright hair ties might inspire that mid-day yoga session you’ve been talking about for seven months.
10. Shisheido Pureness Blotting Paper ($19): Your clients will no longer be able to see their reflections in your forehead. The day is yours.
11. Benefit Brow Zings ($32): We’re firm believers that a wash of lipstick and a well-groomed eyebrow will do more for a 5 o’clock face than eyeshadow ever will. This little kit is killer. And again with the mini tweezers… clearly we’ve got brows on the brain today.
12. Mini First Aid Kit ($28): Stock this puppy with Band-Aids, ibuprofen, blister protection pads and various other essentials to care for minor scrapes.
13. La Bella Figura Perfume Oil ($90): A tiny roll-on or a natural solid perfume is great if you’re heading straight to a date after the office. We love this Chicago brand’s handmade, globally inspired line of scents. Each bottle is like a mini vacation to Istanbul, San Miguel, Barcelona…
14. Honey Can-Do Lint Brush ($5): If the office pup likes to say hello just as soon as you walk into the office in your black pencil skirt, this little desk-sized lint brush is absolutely necessary.
15. Jane Iredale My Steppes ($58): We adore the versatile shades in this handy grab-and-go kit that includes two lip colors, bronzer and blush.
16. Bobbi Brown “On-The-Go” Face Touch Up Stick ($28): This chubby mini stick is meant for the road. It will keep your concealer fresh without messing up your existing makeup. Win-win.
What else is stocked in your drawer? Let us know in the comments!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)