If one of the #adulting goals you have includes keeping your home clean, we feel ya. Sometimes, the hustle and bustle of life gets to us, and before we know it, we’re left with a mess of a house. Luckily, we found a few organizational hacks to take tidying up your home to the next level. Whether you’re using ordinary items in unexpected ways or maximizing space in a too-small closet, we’ve thought of it all. Read on and let these organizational methods inspire you to move toward a clutter-free life!
1. Use this space-efficient hanger hack. Maximize closet space by hanging multiple hangers onto a linked chain. Thanks to this vertical DIY Hanger Hack, you can keep both your teeny closet and *all* your favorite wardrobe pieces. (via Brit + Co)
2. Invest in a wall caddy. Store everything from pens and pencils to pom-poms and more with a wall caddy that you can buy or DIY. This DIY triangular wall caddy can add playful geometry to your space for under $10. (via Brit + Co)
3. Try this IKEA bed slats organizational hack. No need to install shelves or put boxes together with this DIY IKEA Storage Hack. Simply use screws to hold IKEA bed slats in place and hang a variety of over-the-door hooks to create organized storage. (via Brit + Co)
4. Install adhesive hooks. Peel and stick adhesive hooks to your wall or the side of your dresser for additional accessory storage. Designate individual hooks for certain accessories or occasions, whether you’re working exclusively with jewelry or scarves. (via Brit + Co)
5. Hack a paper towel holder to display bangles. Bangles can be a bit of a hassle to store. They don’t always fit in jewelry boxes and are too big to store more than a couple on jewelry dishes. Instead, keep them in check with a paper towel holder. (via Brit + Co)
6. Upcycle used containers into organizers. Breathe new life into containers or tea tins by turning them into this DIY wall organizer. Either place a magnet inside the back of an empty tin or stick an adhesive magnet on the outside. (via Brit + Co)
7. Create cohesive storage solutions. Tidy up the inside of your cabinets with a set of similar or same containers. Slap on these free Printable Pantry Labels and you’re all set for a clean and cohesive look. (via The Creativity Exchange)
8. Store tweezers on a magnetic strip. If you don’t already have a separate compartment for your tweezers and nail clippers, this storage hack is a pretty good alternative. Just attach a magnetic strip to your bathroom wall with adhesive and you’ll never have to worry about losing your grooming kit ever again. (via Brit + Co)
9. Hack a shoe organizer for storage. You won’t need to worry about trying to detangle your beauty gadgets from one another anymore. Just use an over-the-door shoe organizer to neatly sort your various beauty goodies so they’ll be ready-to-use every time! (via Brit + Co)
10. Add headboard storage. Make added storage by attaching pegboards together in lieu of a headboard. Once finished with your DIY bed, you’ll be left with a creative storage option that utilizes every inch of space in your room to store things from plants to travel trinkets. (via Brit + Co)
11. Use bungee cords to organize accessories. Looking for an uber easy hack that streamlines that mess of an accessory collection? Cue this DIY wooden bungee hack. Use bungee cords, hobby boards and wood stain to recreate this handy organizer that’s perfect for hanging inside your closet. (via Brit + Co)
How will you organize your space? Follow us on Pinterest for more ways to tidy up!