This DIY Pegboard Headboard Will Tie Your Entire Room Together
When you’re feeling bored with the decor in your bedroom (*insert that steady flow of throw pillows*), try out this easy headboard hack to give your space a spring revamp without all the hassle. This decor DIY comes together quickly with paint and accessories to completely change the vibe of your room — in all the good ways! Keep reading for the how-to.
Materials + Tools:
- paint brush
- painter’s tape
- wood blocks (use as spacers)
- wall anchors
- Use tape to mark off your design.
- Add paint to the board. Let it dry for four hours.
- Measure where your headboard will go (36-48 inches above your bed) and mark with a pencil.
- Locate wall studs with a stud finder. Install wall anchors if you can’t find these.
- Drill your screws into the wood spacers to hang your board.
- Style it using quirky baskets, floating shelves, and cool-girl accessories.
(Photos via Brittany Griffin / Brit + Co)
This post has been updated.
- The 15 Best Headboards to Refresh Your Bedroom - Brit + Co ›
- How to hack an ikea headboard - B+C Guides ›
- 9 Anything-but-Boring Headboards We're Loving for Spring - Brit + Co ›
- 15 Cool DIY Headboards—No Drill Required! - Brit + Co ›
- Bed Headboards That Will Transform Your Space - Brit + Co ›