Quick Kelly life update folks: I went to my very first bachelorette party! My beautiful cousin is getting married, and a couple weekends ago we celebrated in San Diego with beach time, rosé, scavenger hunts and brunch. Our weekend brunch spot was known for their killer mimosas and pancake cinnamon rolls. Of course I ordered both and have been dreaming about them ever since. I took these pancake cinnamon rolls a step further by making cinnamon pancakes, filling them with cinnamon roll goodness and then rolling them up and topping with cream cheese frosting. Enjoy!
— 3 cups flour
— 4 teaspoons cinnamon
— 2 1/2 Tablespoons sugar
— 1 teaspoon salt
— 2 1/2 cups milk
— 1 egg
1. Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Add in wet ingredients and stir until combined.
2. Spoon batter into long ovals onto a skillet pan. Once the top starts to bubble, flip the pancakes over and cook the other side.
Mix all dry ingredients together and then add in the wet ingredients.
Stir to combine. Add more milk until you get a good (somewhat) viscous consistency.
Pour long oval pancakes onto a skillet over medium heat. Once the pancakes begin to bubble, flip over to the other side.
Cinnamon Roll Ingredients:
— 1/2 cup butter
— 3/4 cup sugar
— 2 Tablespoons cinnamon
1. Place butter in microwave for 30 seconds to soften. Mix in sugar and cinnamon.
2. Spread a layer on top of your oval pancakes and then roll into cylinder.
Soften your butter in the microwave, then mix in brown sugar and cinnamon.
Spread a decent layer onto your oval pancake :)
Cream Cheese Icing Ingredients:
— 1/2 cup butter
— 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
— 1 cup cream cheese
— 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. Melt butter in the microwave, then stir in all ingredients.
2. If needed, add a splash of water or milk to thin out the icing to a drizzling consistency.
Melt butter and then stir all ingredients together. If needed, add in a splash of water or milk to thin out the icing.
Roll up the pancake and hold in place with a skewer or toothpick. Drizzle with cream cheese frosting.
Brunch game changer for sure :)
Show us your project by tagging us on Instagram + using the hashtag #iamcreative!
DIY Production and Styling: Kelly Bryden
Photography: Brittany Griffin