Avocados. Fancy toast. Poke (that’s pronounced poke-ay). These three super delicious — and SUPER healthy — food trends are now combining into one incredibly yummy meal that’s both gourmet and unbelievably easy to make: pokecado toast. When you want a little upgrade on your avocado toast recipes, or when a healthy poke bowl just needs some extra oomph, pokecado toast is going to be your new go-to. And here’s the best part: We have an *AH-mazing* recipe from California-based Pokeatery that you can make at home.
Pokeatery’s “Toastess With the Mostess” Pokecado Toast
- artisan sourdough bread with sesame
- Pokeatery spread (1/4 cup water, 1 Tablespoon mellow white miso, 1/3 cup ground sesame, 2 garlic cloves, 2 teaspoon lemon juice, 1 Tablespoon Aloha Shoyu soy sauce)
- avocado spread (smashed avocado, lemon, Himalayan pink salt)
- seasoning (Himalayan pink salt and freshly ground pepper)
- baby arugula
- salmon poke (fresh salmon, cucumbers, white onion, green onion and edamame with Pokeatery Wasabi Citrus sauce)
- furikake sprinkled on top
To make the toast, all you need to do is toast the bread, slather on the spread, top with your avocado mix, add some seasoning, pile on the baby arugula and fresh salmon poke, and sprinkle the furikake.
Follow us on Pinterest for more food trends and recipe ideas!