8 Adventure Gear Products You Can Actually Fit in Your Apartment
Living in the city has its fair share of perks, but ample storage space is hardly ever one of them. If you’re an urban dweller who still loves to spend the weekend outdoors, this presents quite the predicament: Where is one supposed to store all the gear required for epic adventuring when your closet reached maximum capacity years ago? Fret not, all you weekend warriors. Here are eight space-conscious products that are foldable, collapsible, and conveniently compact.
1. Ten Toes Paddleboard ($499): If you thought paddleboarding was a hobby only for those with a garage large enough to store them in, think again. Ten Toes makes a sturdy, inflatable paddleboard that can be packed up into a backpack. It even comes with a compact pump that can easily be brought along for quick setup by the water.
2. ONWEG Portable Folding Chair ($50): Whether you’re going camping, to the beach, or to the park, this chair is about to become your new BFF. Packing down to be just 14 inches long, you’ll hardly even notice the space it takes up at the bottom of your tote bag.
3. Everdure by Heston Blumenthal Cube Grill ($229): Designed in collaboration with British chef Heston Blumenthal, this mini grill may be small, but it still packs in a ton of cooking power. Weighing just 15 pounds, it can be easily transported and even has a serving board and food prep board seamlessly incorporated into the design.
4. Carbon Compact Speed Pin Surfboard ($1,150): This one is certainly an investment piece, but if apartment space is at a premium, housing a full-size surfboard can be a serious headache. Keep catching those weekend waves and save some space at the same time by opting for a collapsible board that fits into a custom backpack.
5. EasyGo Travel Beach Umbrella ($42): If you’re booking it out to the beach without a car, bringing a beach umbrella is pretty much out of the question — or at least it was until now. While this shady companion has a 60-inch wingspan when open, it collapses down to about the length of a carry-on suitcase.
6. Plixi Fit Foldable Helmet ($109): One of the biggest woes of a weekend bike ride is having to lug around your helmet once you’ve reached your destination. The solution: this foldable helmet, which can easily be stored in your bag while you explore on foot.
7. RainLeaf Microfiber Towel ($9-35, depending on size): Whether you’re heading to the beach or a camping trip, your towel is probably taking up more than its fair share of packing space. As an alternative, opt for a microfiber towel, which takes up almost no space. As a bonus, it’s hardly even noticeable when packed away at home.
8. Sea to Summit Specialist Tent ($429+): Whether you’re a seasoned backpacker, an apartment dweller, or both, a compact tent is essential for weekends spent in the mountains. This single-person tent only weighs one pound and packs down to roughly the size of a water bottle.
What’s your secret to fitting adventure gear in a small space? Share with us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.