Get Gourd-geous With 10 DIY Pumpkin Beauty Treatments
Pu-pu-pu-pumpkin face, pu-pu-pumpkin faaaaaaace! Fresh or canned, pumpkins help prevent age spots and wrinkles and have the power to give you a radiant complexion with their exfoliating properties. They’re loaded with Vitamin A, Vitamin C and lots of antioxidants — all the good stuff that gives your skin a healthy glow. We picked 10 pumpkin beauty treatments that you can brew up in your kitchen (no cauldron necessary)!
1. Pumpkin Face Mask for Dry or Oily Skin: This super simple face treatment is sure to leave your skin looking smashing! While you’re baking up a batch of Pumpkin Swirl Brownies, take the remaining 1/4 cup of pumpkin puree and whisk in an egg for the simplest face mask ever. For dry skin, squeeze in a few teaspoons of honey. A splash of apple cider vinegar or cranberry juice works as an astringent for oily skin. (We totes know what we’re doing this weekend!) (via PopSugar)
2. Pumpkin Pie Lip Balm + Edible Lip Scrub: Cooler temps mean chapped lips — ain’t nobody got time for that! Use this scrub and balm combo to treat your pout before you sport a bold burgundy lip. (via Hello Natural)
3. 10-minute Pumpkin Spice Soap: With the holidays coming up, an easy giftable DIY is always welcome. There aren’t any tricks to this treat for teachers, neighbors or co-workers. Simply nuke shea butter soap base, add in a few dashes of pumpkin pie spice and a few drops of red and yellow soap colorant and pour into soap molds to cool. (Pro tip: Adding crushed pumpkin seeds in the mix makes it an exfoliating body bar.) (via Happiness is Homemade)
5. Pumpkin Enzyme Mask: Raw pumpkin’s natural enzymes eat away layers of dead skin cells and rejuvenate skin texture. A simple mix of raw honey and organic soy milk will brighten and balance your skin’s texture. (It’s like Valencia for your face!) (via Delighted Momma)
6. Easy Pumpkin Spice Soap: The cast of characters for this recipe sounds more like a decadent dessert: goat milk, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, a blend of three oils (sweet almond, coconut and olive), cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves — YUM. They come together to create a marbled body bar that will leave your skin as smooth as (pumpkin) pie. (via Oh, The Things We’ll Make!)
7. Pumpkin Bath Salts: A soak in these pumpkin spice fragranced Epsom salts is a sure-fire way to melt away holiday stress. Pair it with the Pumpkin Sugar Scrub and you’ve got a spook-tacular homemade gift. (via Crafts Unleashed)
8. Pumpkin Shea Butter: After all that scrubbing and soaking, you’re going to need something to replenish and moisturize. Shea butter and coconut oil come together to create this creamy, ultra-rich lotion to keep your skin supple and smooth. (via Crafts Unleashed)
9. Fizzing Fall-Scented Pumpkin Bath Bombs: Turn your tub into a cauldron with these pumpkin bath bombs! Get your little ones to help you out with this project to enjoy for bath time or package them up to gift as Halloween treats. (via Fun at Home with Kids)
10. Pumpkin Spice Full-Body Spa Treatment: This two-part treatment exfoliates and moisturizes your skin, giving a healthy glow from head to toe. Blend pumpkin and apple with honey, milk and cinnamon for an antioxidant-filled face mask. Follow up with the cinnamon spice body scrub in the shower. (via Hello Natural)
Which one of these DIY pumpkin beauty treatments will you try? Leave us a comment below!