As we quickly approach the end of January, we’re struggling to hold on to those shiny New Year’s resolutions we made less than a month ago. Eek! Eating healthy is tough when you don’t have a lot of time to make breakfast every morning before work or class. Well, friends, we’ve got the answer. Here, I’ll show you how to make an easy one-bowl cranberry quinoa breakfast bake. This is a yummy vegan recipe that’s packed with protein and has virtually no sweetener — so you’re not breaking your resolutions with this dish. On top of that, it also reheats beautifully, making it an easy dish to make on Sunday and warm up before work throughout the week. It’s even good cold on the go. No matter how hectic your schedule is, this recipe is sure to make your life easier and healthier. Yay to a new year and a healthier happier you!
— 1 cup quinoa
— 1 cup quick oats
— 1 1/2 cup orange juice
— 1 cup almond milk
— 2 Tablespoons flax meal (can substitute with 2 eggs if not vegan)
— 1/2 Tablespoon coconut oil, melted
— 3/4 cup craisins ( I recommend Newman’s Organic brand)
— 1 Tablespoon orange zest
— sliced almonds
— orange slices
— almond butter and banana slices
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Add all ingredients to a medium mixing bowl.
3. Pour mixture into a baking pan.
4. Bake for 30 – 35 minutes.
- After preheating the oven, add all ingredients to a mixing bowl.
- Mix well until everything is blended.
- After your mixture looks like the picture above, pour it into baking dish and pop it in the oven for 30 – 35 minutes. I used a brownie dish and it was the perfect size.
- Voila! A quick and easy breakfast that’s perfect on the go.
- This would even make a great dish for a weekend brunch.
- Eat it on its own or in a bowl with some yummy toppings!
Do you have any creative variations of a quinoa breakfast bake? Share them with us by uploading photos to Instagram with the hashtag #iamcreative. We would love to see your take on this!