15 Red Velvet Dessert Recipes to Sweeten Up the Holidays
When it comes to the holidays, we’re all about the festive colors. Yep, red + green FTW. The obsession doesn’t stop at gift wrap and ornaments. The holidays are the perfect time to whip up your favorite red velvet dessert. Need a sweet treat to tote to your next holiday dinner party? Check out 15 of our favorite red velvet dessert recipes below.
1. Red Velvet Snow Cake: Let’s kick things off with something that’s winter AF: a red velvet cake with snowman macarons. While this might take a little extra time to pull off, your guests will be seriously impressed if this is at the center of your dessert table. (via Raspberri Cupcakes)
2. Baked Red Velvet Donuts: Combine your love for red velvet and donuts to create this deliciousness. Guess what? You don’t have to feel *totally* guilty about eating these, because they’re baked — aka somewhat healthier. (via Homemade Hooplah)
3. Red Velvet Cake With Peppermint Whipped Cream: Bake your favorite red velvet cake and use peppermint whipped cream to take it to a new (super festive) level. Not only does this cake look amazing, but it tastes even better. (via I Am Baker)
4. Red Velvet Cream Cheese Thumbprints: Thumbprint cookies are definitely a Christmas tradition. Spice things up a bit this year by making red velvet thumbprints with cream cheese filling. Pro tip: Roll your cookies in granulated sugar before baking to get the snow effect. (via Something Swanky)
10. Red Velvet Cupcakes in a Jar: Regular old red velvet cupcakes are so 2014. Slice ’em up and layer them in a jar with icing. Top them off with some holiday sprinkles and serve with a glass of milk. (via My Baking Addiction)
11. Red Velvet Seven-Layer Bars: Make a cookie-like red velvet cake and add all of your favorite toppings: walnuts, chocolate chips and shredded coconut. This seven-layer bar is one you’ll be making for Christmases to come. (via Sally’s Baking Addiction)
12. Red Velvet Cheesecake Cookies: If cheesecake is your thing, then these are the cookies of all cookies. Bonus: You can make these from a cake box. Shhh — nobody has to know. (via Two Peas + Their Pod)
14. Red Velvet Crepes: What sounds better than a red velvet crepe with raspberry and cream cheese filling? Not much if you ask us, which is why we’re happy you can make these in a blender in just a few minutes. (via Tidy Mom)
What’s your favorite red velvet dessert? Share it with us in the comments below.