Holy Cannoli! These Reimagined Recipes Will Make You Fall in Love With Italian Food
Whether you come from an Italian family or you just wish that you did, Italian comfort food is loved by everyone. If pasta night is a regularity in your house, then you need to get your hands on as many recipes as you can. From hearty chicken cacciatore to fluffy bomboloni, the 15 reimagined dishes below are sure to make you feel like a true Italian.
1. Creamy Mozzarella Shrimp Pasta: Sun-dried tomatoes, basil, and red pepper flakes flavor this creamy mozzarella pasta sauce. Toss with seared shrimp and al dente penne, and you’ll have your new date night dish on lock. (via Julia’s Album)
2. Bomboloni: If you’ve never had one of these Italian cream-filled donuts before, you must immediately. Since a flight to Italy would take a bit longer, whip up this homemade version, and you’ll be eating them in just a few hours. (via The Baking Fairy)
3. Bruschetta Chicken Pasta Salad: You’ll find bruschetta on the menu at just about any Italian restaurant, and this pasta salad would make any of them proud. You could serve it cold, as instructed, or warm for a cozier dinner vibe. (via Cafe Delites)
5. Cannoli Bites: There’s nothing like the crunch and creaminess of a good cannoli. If you don’t have a cannoli mold at home, these cups are easily made in a mini muffin tin and are equally as delicious. (via Cooking Classy)
6. Garlic Parmesan Cheese Bombs: Look no further than these garlic-Parmesan cheese bombs for your new go-to appetizer. With just a can of biscuit dough and a few mozzarella cheese sticks, you could make these yourself and rock your Friday night. (via The Recipe Critic)
7. Chicken Alfredo Baked Ziti: This fusion of two Italian favorites is going to be a hit with the whole family. So much so, you should probably make a couple to freeze for a rainy day. (via Gimme Some Oven)
8. Italian Bread Dipping Oil: Raise your hand if the bread and olive oil dip is your favorite part of eating Italian. This easy method takes seconds to put together, and you can get your fix at home. (via Manila Spoon)
9. Italian Crostata Bars: When the Italians want pie, they go for crisp crostata. To make, fill an Italian pastry crust with a tasty peach filling and finish with a (hefty) scoop of vanilla ice cream. (via An Italian in My Kitchen)
11. Cheesy Meatball Bake: You can’t commit to an Italian diet without an incredible homemade meatball recipe. This cheesy bake is great served over polenta, shoved in a sub, or even as a hearty appetizer. (via Dinner at the Zoo)
12. Italian Sausage and Peppers: Sautéed peppers, onions, and sausage are another one of those versatile combinations that have multiple uses, such as a great sandwich filling. To make sure that your bread doesn’t get soggy, toast your hoagie roll before piling in the goods. (via Spicy Southern Kitchen)
15. Tiramisu Cheesecake: There’s no better way to end an Italian feast than with tiramisu. Try something different and incorporate the creamy espresso, ladyfingers, and cocoa into a luscious cheesecake. (via Life, Love, and Sugar)
Follow us on Pinterest for more fun recipes!