14 Unbelievably Simple Ways to Style a Summer Scarf
During the dog days of summer, don’t we all just want to keep the accessories to a minimum? The old adage “less is more” has never been truer. If you’re only going to side with one accessory this entire season, then do yourself a favor and make it an easy-breezy summer scarf. They’re lightweight, conventional and are guaranteed to always come across as effortless and cool. The next time you find yourself in a wardrobe conundrum, don’t hesitate to try one of these 14 summer scarf hacks!
1. Scarf Shirt: Okay, get this, all you need is two square scarves, a little imagination and a scarf shirt is born! With no sewing necessary (safety pins will suffice!), this DIY top is sure to be an instant conversation starter. (via Stars for Streetlights)
3. Halter Scarf Top: Who would’ve thought that your silk scarf could double as a top?! With two swift ties (one around your neck, the other around your waist), you’ll have a classy top in seconds. (via Brit + Co)
5. Glam Racerback Vest: This racerback vest is so rad that no one will know that it’s just made from a pashmina scarf. Pair it with denim cutoffs or toss it over a little black dress and you’ll look as though you just walked out of a Free People catalog. Add a flower headband to complete the look! (via Brit + Co)
6. Scarf Belt: Ask any style maven and they’ll tell you that a belt is the foundation of every wardrobe. When your go-to leather belt just isn’t cutting it anymore, rest assured that you’ll have this ah-mazing DIY option at the wayside. (via Brit + Co)
7. Scarf Camera Strap: With so many photo ops over the course of the summer, your regular (aka boring) camera strap simply won’t do. Hone your photography skills all while looking stylish, thanks to your fun-tastic new scarf strap. (via Brit + Co)
8. Knotted Shawl: Chilly summer evenings don’t stand a chance when you have this shawl to drape around you. With one simple half-knot and a little adjusting, you’ll have the ideal cardigan substitute. (via Henry Happened)
9. Head Scarf: A bright and beautiful head scarf is just what the doctor ordered. Whether you use a square or rectangular scarf, the perfect head scarf can be achieved in just a few easy steps. (via Who What Wear)
12. Simple Scarf Tunic: British fashion blogger Susie Bubble is such a trendsetter that we’re game for anything that she thinks up. Let’s just say that her simple scarf tunic is no exception. (via Style Bubble)
Which summer scarf hack will you be taking on? Or better yet, have a scarf hack of your own that we didn’t spotlight — share it with us in the comments!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)