During the dog days of summer, don’t we all just want to keep the accessories to a minimum? The old adage “less is more” has never been truer. If you’re only going to side with one accessory this entire season, then do yourself a favor and make it an easy-breezy summer scarf. They’re lightweight, conventional and are guaranteed to always come across as effortless and cool. The next time you find yourself in a wardrobe conundrum, don’t hesitate to try one of these 14 summer scarf hacks!
1. Scarf Shirt: Okay, get this, all you need is two square scarves, a little imagination and a scarf shirt is born! With no sewing necessary (safety pins will suffice!), this DIY top is sure to be an instant conversation starter. (via Stars for Streetlights)
3. Halter Scarf Top: Who would’ve thought that your silk scarf could double as a top?! With two swift ties (one around your neck, the other around your waist), you’ll have a classy top in seconds. (via Brit + Co)
5. Glam Racerback Vest: This racerback vest is so rad that no one will know that it’s just made from a pashmina scarf. Pair it with denim cutoffs or toss it over a little black dress and you’ll look as though you just walked out of a Free People catalog. Add a flower headband to complete the look! (via Brit + Co)
6. Scarf Belt: Ask any style maven and they’ll tell you that a belt is the foundation of every wardrobe. When your go-to leather belt just isn’t cutting it anymore, rest assured that you’ll have this ah-mazing DIY option at the wayside. (via Brit + Co)
7. Scarf Camera Strap: With so many photo ops over the course of the summer, your regular (aka boring) camera strap simply won’t do. Hone your photography skills all while looking stylish, thanks to your fun-tastic new scarf strap. (via Brit + Co)
8. Knotted Shawl: Chilly summer evenings don’t stand a chance when you have this shawl to drape around you. With one simple half-knot and a little adjusting, you’ll have the ideal cardigan substitute. (via Henry Happened)
9. Head Scarf: A bright and beautiful head scarf is just what the doctor ordered. Whether you use a square or rectangular scarf, the perfect head scarf can be achieved in just a few easy steps. (via Who What Wear)
12. Simple Scarf Tunic: British fashion blogger Susie Bubble is such a trendsetter that we’re game for anything that she thinks up. Let’s just say that her simple scarf tunic is no exception. (via Style Bubble)
Which summer scarf hack will you be taking on? Or better yet, have a scarf hack of your own that we didn’t spotlight — share it with us in the comments!