When this teal-toned hue first blew onto the scene during our jewel-tone obsession, we figured the vibrant, rich shade was destined for dramatic decor. But then Joanna Gaines showed us that it could be midcentury cool or farmhouse chic too. Pretty soon, we were seeing it everywhere, but we didn’t know what quite to call it (dark turquoise? teal? blue tansy?). Luckily, Sherwin-Williams has put an end to the mystery by declaring the hue — Oceanside, in their words — the color of the year for 2018. And we can certainly see why: Dramatic yet accessible, the color has surprising versatility. It can jump from boho to modern to classic and back again, and it shows off new character in different lights. Put another way? We’re obsessed.
1. Jonathan Adler Rider Lounge Chair ($1450): A throne worthy of a true kween, this modified campaign chair is decked out in peacock-hued velvet and finished with brass and acrylic baubles.
2. Opalhouse Velvet Tufted Stitch Quilt ($80): Imagine having this bedding greet you at the end of a long day. We’re totally sold on this luxe look.
3. Fire Earth Ravello Frezza Tile ($11/tile): We’ve long loved this hue for bathrooms, but choosing this uniquely variegated tile elevates the look even more.
4. Justina Blakeney Aja Wallpaper ($190): Our girl Justina has been a fan of this color for a long time, and who could blame her? The rich hue is a totally perfect backdrop for plant-loving ladies to show off their flora. And for the commitment-phobic, good news: This pattern comes in removable wallpaper tiles too.
5. CB2 Tome Blue Green Table Lamp ($149): Looking for a more subtle way to introduce the trend into your home? This hand-thrown earthenware lamp fits the bill — without overwhelming your space.
6. Loloi Green And Teal Gemology Rug ($219+): A little Southwestern, a little elegant, and totally showstopping.
7. Anthropologie Corbin Tab Knob ($18): It’s no secret that metallics go beautifully with this color, and these geometric drawer pulls are the easiest on-trend update you’ll ever do.
8. Magnolia Market & Garden Watering Can ($50): Your plants called: They want to get in on the Oceanside action too.
9. IKEA FÄRGRIK 18-Piece Dinnerware Set ($25): Just add brass or copper-toned flatware and you’re set for a table setting all of your guests will be Instagramming.
10. Hawkins New York Simple Linen Napkins ($18): The color of the year + the fabric of the year = heirloom-level napkins without the heirloom-level fuss.
How are you incorporating this color into your design plans? Let us know @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.